Arc Rise Fantasia: Electric Boogaloo will save the Wii U

#1EmeralDragon23Posted 5/14/2013 8:27:12 PM
mark my words
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metroid: Other M, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Madworld
#2MilesTeg420Posted 5/14/2013 8:29:38 PM
Haha. Game was pretty solid if sort of generic. Looks like crap on an HDTV though even with component cables.
#3IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/14/2013 8:32:12 PM
ARF is a damn good game, tough as nails though, good God. Never thought I would get a game over from fighting the first boss of any game but I was dead wrong.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#4MilesTeg420Posted 5/14/2013 8:35:31 PM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
ARF is a damn good game, tough as nails though, good God. Never thought I would get a game over from fighting the first boss of any game but I was dead wrong.

Really? I replayed the beginning recently with no problems, and from what I remember from my first playthrough, the game was quite easy.
#5EmeralDragon23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:35:57 PM
I still haven't beaten the last Arena boss. That cameo <_<
---
El Psy Congroo
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metroid: Other M, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All, Devil Survivor: Overclocked, Madworld
#6IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/14/2013 8:36:22 PM
Well once you figure things out, it gets much easier, but for me? I must've screwed up bad because the first time I fought the first boss, I did get a game over.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#7EmeralDragon23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:37:09 PM

Really? I replayed the beginning recently with no problems, and from what I remember from my first playthrough, the game was quite easy.

You're in the minority.

One of the criticisms that had nothing to do with localization was the difficulty of the bosses compared to regular enemies.

I never thought they were overwhelmingly difficult but they were fairly challenging.
---
El Psy Congroo
#8MilesTeg420Posted 5/14/2013 8:43:45 PM
EmeralDragon23 posted...

You're in the minority.

One of the criticisms that had nothing to do with localization was the difficulty of the bosses compared to regular enemies.

I never thought they were overwhelmingly difficult but they were fairly challenging.

Huh. Maybe I had a better grasp on the battle system than others did. I don't know, I've played a lot of RPGs and I played this one just like any other. Buy latest equipment, max out weapon skills, level up the magic...everything was pretty standard.

Certainly not as hard as something like Etrian Odyssey or SMT: Strange Journey.
#9abbyhitterPosted 5/14/2013 8:50:47 PM
I've never played ARF, but I just picked it up at GameStop yesterday. I had to jump through some hoops to get it shipped to my local store location, but I finally have it. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm hearing good reviews so far.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#10MilesTeg420Posted 5/14/2013 8:53:34 PM(edited)
I think we should all take a moment to remember that large town in ARF that had the very poor frame rate.

Ok, we're done.