Nintendo rumors for E3 and Beyond...

#1LeetyroneusPosted 5/14/2013 8:36:34 PM
I had to combine two different sets of rumors into one to conserve space. So, a bit of a read , so please bear with me. Well, we all know by now, Nintendo is not planning a huge conference this year, but what we don’t know is how are they going to deliver the E3 experience to the masses? Some new rumors have surfaced online detailing what Nintendo plans to do for this year’s E3.

Now "IF" these rumors are true, which seems to point towards likely, Nintendo is looking to have a fantastic E3. Listed below:

Pokémon News:
-Pokemon X and Y and Pokemon Rumble U news expected with no other Pokémon games revealed.

Game Updates:
-Yoshi Wii U is said to be a late 2013/early 2014 title.
-Games said to be at the E3 showfloor: 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Pikmin 3, W101, X, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.
-Mario on the Wii U is going to be huge, maybe Mario 64-2.
-When asked if “a certain Super Saiyan” would join Smash Bros (since Namco is involved), he said "it has not been decided yet, but there is a chance”

Rumoured/Unconfirmed Games:
-Capcom supposedly working on a Resident Evil remake from their back catalogue.
-Nintendo wanting to continue Picross on Nintendo 3DS.
New Star Fox title, said to be more like Lylat Wars, expected this generation.
-Star Wars expected on Wii U as “Disney likes the Wii U so far”.
-Nintendo titles to use NFC – new IP from Nintendo.
-New Animal Crossing expected, but “way off” for Wii U.
-Nintendo tried to regain Banjo Kazooie but it did not work.
-A Final Fantasy remake is being developed for Wii U.
-Games that will use dual GamePad controllers will be announced.
-The upcoming, untitled game from Retro Studios is said to be first-person, futuristic and “something everyone wants them to make”.
-Also, Retro is said to be working on a Donkey Kong track for Mario Kart Wii U.

Legend of Zelda:
-New Legend of Zelda is said to feature a return for past races like the Gorons, Zoras plus new additional species to encounter.
-The game is also venturing into more “RPG-like” territory without “going full out RPG”, like Skyward Sword.

Hardware Revisions and Performance:
-Wii-U periperhals expected this year (to connect to the GamePad).
-A New Nintendo Wii U is expected by the end of 2014 with more internal storage but Blu-ray is unknown.
-A new Nintendo 3DS revision is expected, but not within the next two years.
-Denies Wii U clock-speed increases.
-Achievements and linked accounts said to be coming but “in a different way than anyone else does”.
-Nintendo working on trying to get more engines supported by Wii U.

Virtual Console Releases:
-Nintendo are expected to show and highlight classic GameCube titles heading to Virtual Console.
-Online multiplayer for classic Virtual Console games is not likely from Nintendo but “third parties will”.
-Plans to release classic titles, like Xenoblade Chronicles, on the Wii U eShop is likely at some point.

Personally, I think Retro is working on a new Metroid Prime.... Realistic, First Person, and something everyone whats them to do? Sounds like Metroid to me. While some rumors are more likely than others, it’s certainly worth digesting and thinking about for, in my opinion at least, Nintendo’s much anticipated E3 2013. Many of these seem like a given: Mario, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Animal Crossing. The most interesting is the Star Wars for Wii U, and the hardware revision boosting memory.

What do you Guys/Gals think about these additional rumors?

Sources:
Players Essence
My Nintendo News
IGN
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#2IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/14/2013 8:38:10 PM
Here's praying that some stuff like a new Fatal Frame, and possibly a version of Dynasty Warriors 8 for the Wii U are coming as well.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#3FlyinTonitePosted 5/14/2013 8:39:56 PM
goku in smash? Sure, why the hell not; I'd rather he be an assist trophy though.

The other rumours sound cool.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#4MilesTeg420Posted 5/14/2013 8:40:01 PM
It all comes from the same BS poster on IGN. I honestly don't know how this gained so much attention.
#5RockD79Posted 5/14/2013 8:40:18 PM
I think the current silence will pay off. It's worked for them thus far.
---
Just Finished: Lego LOTR, Currently Playing: MH3U, MW3, Solomon's Key Next up: Resident Evil: Revelations
#6Leetyroneus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:43:30 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
It all comes from the same BS poster on IGN. I honestly don't know how this gained so much attention.

Welp that "BS" poster has been more reliable then Kotaku, and has had better predictions then Pachter....IJS
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#7MilesTeg420Posted 5/14/2013 8:46:22 PM
Leetyroneus posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

Welp that "BS" poster has been more reliable then Kotaku, and has had better predictions then Pachter....IJS

Supposedly. I haven't seen exact predictions in the past, but he has only been a member at IGN for one year. And anyone can make sweeping generalizations and say they were right later.
#8brainfreeze10Posted 5/14/2013 9:03:54 PM
The majority of this is realistic, but I don't think there's any actual evidence of any of this.

I would love if Goku was the 3rd party character in smash though, so much. I don't see any possibility of it happening, but it would be so incredible.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299
#9EoinPosted 5/14/2013 11:22:13 PM
It's the same thing we see every E3 - someone on a message board posts dozens of "rumours", all of course made up, but with most of them fairly safe predictions (or in line with other recent rumours) so the rest sound more credible. The list makes its way around games sites that want clicks and other message boards because people like rumours, and some people confuse popularity for credibility.

It's nonsense, of course. The biggest indication of that - and this is common for all of these list-type rumours - is that the person telling the rumour is pretending that he is somehow in a position to know the confidential plans of several companies at once. In this case, it's Capcom, Disney, Square Enix and of course, Nintendo - Nintendo, the most secretive company in the industry, and we're expected to believe that the entire internal workings are laid bare on an internet forum.
#10DiscostewSMPosted 5/14/2013 11:29:32 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
goku in smash? Sure, why the hell not; I'd rather he be an assist trophy though.

Goku uses Final Smash.......

..............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-TIMES-UP!
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project