Why do you act like third parties are selfish for not releasing games on Wii U?

#1Mecha SonicPosted 5/14/2013 9:14:17 PM(edited)
It's not third parties' job to put games on your favorite console just to satisfy you and your dreams of Nintendo recapturing the market. Third parties go where they know where they can make money. It's every company's job to turn a handsome profit for its shareholders, and when companies like EA and Activision have to put up with

1. a console that isn't selling and therefore has a limited market
2. a console with a gimmicky controller that therefore adds additional production time and costs
3. a company (Nintendo) that hasn't shown any respect for third party devs in the last fifteen years and has actively tried to make their job harder by refusing to cooperate on system specs and devkits

why are you surprised when those third party companies choose not to release their games on Wii U? They have no incentive to do so. Every time I see someone here post about how selfish these third parties are, it just makes me lol at the sense of entitlement. It isn't the third parties' fault Wii U has no games, it's Nintendo's fault for creating this situation to begin with, for writing off third parties all last gen because they could get off the hook way cheaper just by throwing lots and lots of cheap shovelware at the mass casual Wii market.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JTBw9MJ.png
#2gameG3ni3Posted 5/14/2013 9:17:51 PM
You mad bro???
---
("+[__]::") = love
#3Baha05Posted 5/14/2013 9:24:02 PM

Yeah but adding new games or announcing future titles could help

2. a console with a gimmicky controller that therefore adds additional production time and costs

So? More production time is a good thing, and additional costs are always going to happen with gimmick controller or not since it's new hardware

3. a company (Nintendo) that hasn't shown any respect for third party devs in the last fifteen years and has actively tried to make their job harder by refusing to cooperate on system specs and devkits

And yeah they have tried to show respect after the past president of Nintendo****** 3rd party devs so hard.

Really a few 3rd party devs seem to come off more petty, they release a cheaply made port then whine about how it didn't sell millions and play a wait and see game instead of doing a much better job at releasing ports and giving us gamers a glimpse into 8th gen console games.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4shaunmePosted 5/14/2013 9:25:48 PM
Baha05 posted...

Yeah but adding new games or announcing future titles could help

So? More production time is a good thing, and additional costs are always going to happen with gimmick controller or not since it's new hardware

And yeah they have tried to show respect after the past president of Nintendo****** 3rd party devs so hard.

Really a few 3rd party devs seem to come off more petty, they release a cheaply made port then whine about how it didn't sell millions and play a wait and see game instead of doing a much better job at releasing ports and giving us gamers a glimpse into 8th gen console games.

Ultra lol
---
MY Wii u IS a next gen console!!
It just has LAST gen hardware. NNID:shaunme
#5Baha05Posted 5/14/2013 9:26:41 PM
shaunme posted...
Ultra lol

Why not instead of troll commenting you counter my points?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6shaunmePosted 5/14/2013 9:34:28 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
Ultra lol

Why not instead of troll commenting you counter my points?

bacause your points are like the view of a 6 year old,they are pathetic baha.

1.it is nintendos job to get the system in homes, Not 3rd party devs, Nintendo...if the install base was there then the 3rd party devs would be aswell .But no Baha05 thinks the devs are petty because they don't want to gamble money and resources on a version of a game for a system that isn't selling!!!

WAKE UP
---
#7Baha05Posted 5/14/2013 9:37:50 PM
shaunme posted...

1.it is nintendos job to get the system in homes, Not 3rd party devs, Nintendo...if the install base was there then the 3rd party devs would be aswell .But no Baha05 thinks the devs are petty because they don't want to gamble money and resources on a version of a game for a system that isn't selling!!!

WAKE UP

Yes I get that it's Nintendo's job, but the thing is, and this is key here. The industry mainly thrives on 3RD PARTY GAMES. It's that simple, while 1st party games have their fan bases there aren't that many people that strictly go for first party anymore.

Hell 3rd party don't even need to release the games that fast, just announce something new. It's not petty to not want to take a risk, but it's VERY petty to port a game (And more so a much older game that you aren't going to show full support) and then whine about it when it doesn't sell a million copies on BRAND NEW SYSTEM.
---
#8shaunmePosted 5/14/2013 9:43:11 PM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

WAKE UP

Yes I get that it's Nintendo's job, but the thing is, and this is key here. The industry mainly thrives on 3RD PARTY GAMES. It's that simple, while 1st party games have their fan bases there aren't that many people that strictly go for first party anymore.

Hell 3rd party don't even need to release the games that fast, just announce something new. It's not petty to not want to take a risk, but it's VERY petty to port a game (And more so a much older game that you aren't going to show full support) and then whine about it when it doesn't sell a million copies on BRAND NEW SYSTEM.

you are beyond help ..
The sooner you realise that these are business decisions

NOT personal hate filled anti nintendo ones the better.
---
#9Baha05Posted 5/14/2013 9:45:58 PM
shaunme posted...
you are beyond help ..
The sooner you realise that these are business decisions

NOT personal hate filled anti nintendo ones the better.

You're missing the main issue though, yes I get that holding off on new games is a good buisness choice but dude, 3rd party devs release cheap ports and expect them to sell? I'm sorry but that shows bad business choices and then few of them get disappointed that they don't sell?

Well no **** they aren't going to sell that many copies, what were you expecting releasing Mass Effect 3? Or other old ports? I mean hell it would have been better to port GOTY or Compilations.
---
#10DiscostewSMPosted 5/14/2013 9:50:56 PM
Mecha Sonic posted...

It takes one line of code to add Off-TV play, according to developers. Some developers are more ambitious and want to do more than that, but those that don't can simply throw in that one line of code, add Off-TV play, and be done with it for all I care. That doesn't require any major production time and costs. It's a simple and easy use of the "gimmick".
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project