Why do you act like third parties are selfish for not releasing games on Wii U?

#11demesjos2Posted 5/14/2013 10:55:29 PM
Nintendo fanboys blindly hate anything not coming to the Wii-U and many call the developers lazy here. They set them selves up for this since the n64 days. If the Wii-U was easier to develop for that would lower the costs on the third party side. If the investment was cheaper it would be more feasible for them to take some chances on the Wii-U. It's simple if it takes X money to develop a game and they can't sell enough to cover the cost of X they won't port or develop the game for the system.

Nintendo got really lucky with the Wii that set them up with enough bank roll to survive at least 1 consul disaster. Nintendo seems to think that they need a gimmick or as some people say innovation to move games and systems. It worked with the Wii but it's not working with the Wii-U.
#12Baha05Posted 5/14/2013 10:58:16 PM
demesjos2 posted...
Nintendo fanboys blindly hate anything not coming to the Wii-U and many call the developers lazy here. They set them selves up for this since the n64 days. If the Wii-U was easier to develop for that would lower the costs on the third party side. If the investment was cheaper it would be more feasible for them to take some chances on the Wii-U. It's simple if it takes X money to develop a game and they can't sell enough to cover the cost of X they won't port or develop the game for the system.

Nintendo got really lucky with the Wii that set them up with enough bank roll to survive at least 1 consul disaster. Nintendo seems to think that they need a gimmick or as some people say innovation to move games and systems. It worked with the Wii but it's not working with the Wii-U.

Not a fanboy thing (for the most part) as people do have opinions. I mean I don't really like say a good chunk of Capcom games. There might be good games but I don't like them. And devs can come off as lazy sometimes, putting bare minimum effort into some games (Like RE6)

Also you forget that Nintendo has handhelds that rack in more money then their consoles. And for consoles you DO need a gimmick to sell them otherwise there is no point outside first party titles.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#13sunK1DPosted 5/14/2013 11:08:05 PM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
bacause your points are like the view of a 6 year old,they are pathetic baha.

1.it is nintendos job to get the system in homes, Not 3rd party devs, Nintendo...if the install base was there then the 3rd party devs would be aswell .But no Baha05 thinks the devs are petty because they don't want to gamble money and resources on a version of a game for a system that isn't selling!!!

WAKE UP

Yes I get that it's Nintendo's job, but the thing is, and this is key here. The industry mainly thrives on 3RD PARTY GAMES. It's that simple, while 1st party games have their fan bases there aren't that many people that strictly go for first party anymore.

Hell 3rd party don't even need to release the games that fast, just announce something new. It's not petty to not want to take a risk, but it's VERY petty to port a game (And more so a much older game that you aren't going to show full support) and then whine about it when it doesn't sell a million copies on BRAND NEW SYSTEM.

you are beyond help ..
The sooner you realise that these are business decisions

NOT personal hate filled anti nintendo ones the better.

Weren't you two on a date or something yesterday?
---
Real life Claire Redfield, where are you?
#14DiscostewSMPosted 5/14/2013 11:11:26 PM
sunK1D posted...
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

1.it is nintendos job to get the system in homes, Not 3rd party devs, Nintendo...if the install base was there then the 3rd party devs would be aswell .But no Baha05 thinks the devs are petty because they don't want to gamble money and resources on a version of a game for a system that isn't selling!!!

WAKE UP

Yes I get that it's Nintendo's job, but the thing is, and this is key here. The industry mainly thrives on 3RD PARTY GAMES. It's that simple, while 1st party games have their fan bases there aren't that many people that strictly go for first party anymore.

Hell 3rd party don't even need to release the games that fast, just announce something new. It's not petty to not want to take a risk, but it's VERY petty to port a game (And more so a much older game that you aren't going to show full support) and then whine about it when it doesn't sell a million copies on BRAND NEW SYSTEM.

you are beyond help ..

They were, but I think they got caught in a "deadzone". :P
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#15sunK1DPosted 5/14/2013 11:15:31 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
sunK1D posted...
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

WAKE UP

you are beyond help ..

They were, but I think they got caught in a "deadzone". :P

haha, wouldn't be surprised.
So who was Jill?
---
Real life Claire Redfield, where are you?
#16chestershadowPosted 5/14/2013 11:21:29 PM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
Ultra lol

Why not instead of troll commenting you counter my points?

WAKE UP

Explain the wii's lack of quality 3rd party support? Everyone and their grandmother owned the console, almost literally.
#17RoyalDroneXPosted 5/14/2013 11:25:43 PM
demesjos2 posted...

Isn't the reason since the majority of the games are EA titles?
---
"Urge to destroy world...rising..." (Black Mage from 8-bit Theater)
#18Mecha Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 12:41:22 AM
Yeah but adding new games or announcing future titles could help

Help who? It isn't third party devs' job to help Nintendo, it's Nintendo's job to help Nintendo. Nintendo's responsibility this gen and every gen is to put out a platform that developers feel comfortable developing for. There's no financial security with the Wii U, it's proven to be one gigantic money pit for everyone involved at this point.

So? More production time is a good thing, and additional costs are always going to happen with gimmick controller or not since it's new hardware

More production time is NOT a good thing for third party devs. More production time = the company is paying added production costs on the game, including extra months salary for all the project leads and programmers who have to spend added time porting it to a console with a wonky controller.

Really a few 3rd party devs seem to come off more petty

No, nobody's petty. These are business decisions made by committee, not personal grudge matches. Wake up and smell the coffee please.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JTBw9MJ.png
#19shaunmePosted 5/15/2013 1:53:17 AM
chestershadow posted...
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...
Ultra lol

Why not instead of troll commenting you counter my points?

WAKE UP

Explain the wii's lack of quality 3rd party support? Everyone and their grandmother owned the console, almost literally.

with pleasure..no developer/publisher was going to take the time and effort to try and get their engine running on that abysmal hardware,you could have 200m units sold, but if it requires building an engine from scratch in order to release a game.....no.

Another thing people on this board refuse to believe,because all devs are lazy unles they are on Wii u and the game is rated better than the Sony/ms version(so,criterion) is that devs have ambitions, like an an artist their visions are limited by the tools they have to work with....
---
MY Wii u IS a next gen console!!
It just has LAST gen hardware. NNID:shaunme
#20Neo_HeartlessPosted 5/15/2013 2:17:23 AM
shaunme posted...

with pleasure..no developer/publisher was going to take the time and effort to try and get their engine running on that abysmal hardware,you could have 200m units sold, but if it requires building an engine from scratch in order to release a game.....no.

Another thing people on this board refuse to believe,because all devs are lazy unles they are on Wii u and the game is rated better than the Sony/ms version(so,criterion) is that devs have ambitions, like an an artist their visions are limited by the tools they have to work with....

Wut?

You've... just outright said that devs are lazy.

They go were the money is. If the money is with the biggest selling console then they go there, even if they have to make a new engine.

Also a bad artist blames their tools.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]