New Wii U rumors

#1MilesTeg420Posted 5/14/2013 11:12:47 PM
Nintendo tried to buy back the rights to Perfect Dark for one of Retro's new games. It fell through. May still release as new IP or concept may be scrapped.

A new Kirby is in the works, but won't be revealed until after Yarn Yoshi.

Pokemon Wii U news coming in the future.

Capcom will unveil a Wii U fighting game in the future. Along with multiple games featuring Zombies...

Atlus developing a Wii U game besides SMT x Fire Emblem.

3D Mario to focus on co-op, but will still have a fully functional single player mode.

Nintendo pushing for Smash Bros release by Dec, may be delayed.

Wii U Zelda "something everyone want's them to do". Further along than originally thought, targeting 2014 release.

F-Zero reboot in the early stages, nothing final yet. Will only happen if Miyamoto can "find a way to make it fun".

More Ubisoft support coming regardless of Wii U game sales. Ubisoft believes a close relationship to Nintendo is beneficial and will continue supporting Wii U.

Activision believes that to make a new mega franchise you must reach as large an audience as possible. Which is why, as of now, Destiny is Wii U bound as well as COD Ghosts.

Telltale Games developing season 2 of The Walking Dead for Wii U.

Don't expect much Square Enix Wii U support - Sony is funding FF15 PS4 exclusive and trying to keep close ties with Square Enix. Nintendo's response is to get in bed with Atlus, while also actively pursuing more partnership opportunites.

Metal Gear V is coming to Wii U.

Don't get your hopes up for GTA V, but Rockstar does have something in the works for Wii U - an exclusive sequel to one of the only games they have ever released on a Nintendo console.

Run with it.
#2DiscostewSMPosted 5/14/2013 11:14:18 PM
Mind giving a source? Even rumors need them.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3VideoGamer1990Posted 5/14/2013 11:14:40 PM
Nintendo pushing for Smash Bros release by Dec, may be delayed.

Seems legit.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 52
#4biggy204Posted 5/14/2013 11:22:40 PM
Rockstar, hmmm maybe a Bully Sequel it was the only Rockstar game that got released on the Wii. DS had GTA:Chinatown Wars (unless its a sequel to this).
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/14/2013 11:24:52 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
"Nintendo tried to buy back the rights to Perfect Dark for one of Retro's new games. It fell through. May still release as new IP or concept may be scrapped."

I'll be honest, I'd play the **** out of a Retro FPS (especially if it's a new IP), and I don't even like the genre.

"A new Kirby is in the works, but won't be revealed until after Yarn Yoshi."

Hope they eventually try a fully 3D Kirby.

"Pokemon Wii U news coming in the future."

Would be great to have a Stadium/Colosseum successor.

"Capcom will unveil a Wii U fighting game in the future. Along with multiple games featuring Zombies..."

Expected/10, nice to see support.

"Atlus developing a Wii U game besides SMT x Fire Emblem."

Persona 5 Wii U exclusive, go go go!

"3D Mario to focus on co-op, but will still have a fully functional single player mode."

Nice.

"Nintendo pushing for Smash Bros release by Dec, may be delayed."

Lol, won't be getting my hopes up.

"Wii U Zelda "something everyone want's them to do". Further along than originally thought, targeting 2014 release."

Wasn't this exactly the same quote as Retro's game? I don't really believe this one.

"F-Zero reboot in the early stages, nothing final yet. Will only happen if Miyamoto can "find a way to make it fun"."

Just make it balls-to-the-wall hard like GX and plenty of fun will be had.

"More Ubisoft support coming regardless of Wii U game sales. Ubisoft believes a close relationship to Nintendo is beneficial and will continue supporting Wii U."

<3 Ubi, even though they were jerks with Rayman.

"Activision believes that to make a new mega franchise you must reach as large an audience as possible. Which is why, as of now, Destiny is Wii U bound as well as COD Ghosts."

That is correct.

"Telltale Games developing season 2 of The Walking Dead for Wii U."

<3 Telltale as well, will support.

"Don't expect much Square Enix Wii U support - Sony is funding FF15 PS4 exclusive and trying to keep close ties with Square Enix. Nintendo's response is to get in bed with Atlus, while also actively pursuing more partnership opportunites."

Sounds sexy.

"Metal Gear V is coming to Wii U."

The Miiverse leak confirms this.

"Don't get your hopes up for GTA V, but Rockstar does have something in the works for Wii U - an exclusive sequel to one of the only games they have ever released on a Nintendo console."

More Bully 2 rumors I see, that would be awesome!

"Run with it."

I have.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6Chocobo115Posted 5/14/2013 11:26:57 PM
Hope Nintendo stay away from buying Atlus...
I want to play their games on other consoles.
#7FFXIgaiaknightPosted 5/14/2013 11:30:05 PM
biggy204 posted...
Rockstar, hmmm maybe a Bully Sequel it was the only Rockstar game that got released on the Wii. DS had GTA:Chinatown Wars (unless its a sequel to this).

rockstar released 3 wii games bully, manhunt 2, and table tennis.
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
#8elheberPosted 5/14/2013 11:40:19 PM
I refuse to reply until TC posts a source.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#9synninviemaa5Posted 5/14/2013 11:48:07 PM
Season's greetings! Or should I say season's eatings? Haha! Take care guys!
#10XylymphydytePosted 5/14/2013 11:51:20 PM
"Everything is at least a year off."

Sounds accurate.