Your Reaction: Nippon Ichi, Compile Heart, Gust etc. makes games for Wii U

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/15/2013 2:34:51 AM
e.g. Disgaea, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Atelier and other niche RPGs seen on PlayStation show up here. I don't know if it is even likely, but I thought I'd present such a hypothetical scenario, since they seem closer to Nintendo's cutesy style than the "mature" games that core gamers want. Given how much the Sony fans apparently hate those games, I'd be curious to see if they'd react the way they did when Bayonetta 2 was exclusive to Wii U or that SMT4 is 3DS instead of PS3.
#2SocranPosted 5/15/2013 2:40:35 AM
I wouldn't say they're "cutesie", but they are certainly more "colorful". And frankly, those games have been known to sell better on Nintendo systems, at least in the west. Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube sold more than twenty times what Tales of Graces f on the PS3 did.

Unfortunately, in Japan, Sony is the system to choose to sell your RPGs. And since they don't sell in the west on that system, that means they often don't get localized at all. Le sigh.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3AkaneJonesPosted 5/15/2013 2:46:46 AM
Nippon Ichi = Possibility but in all reality they would port the wrong games, see the Wii.
Compile Heart = I expect nothing and it doesn't really bother me.
Gust = Traditionally have always supported Nintendo handhelds but have not announced a 3DS, a WiiU game would be out of character, but not out of the question.
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/15/2013 2:53:49 AM
Kawaii desu neeeeee! X3
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5RedwingedMinxPosted 5/15/2013 3:40:37 AM
Unless its multiplat Nippon Ichi would be shooting themselves in the foot. Most of their fans own and expect the games to be on playstation systems. Not a weird thing considering thats where the series started and continues to be.

D1, D2: PS2, PSP
D3, D4, Disgaea D2: PS3

I find it odd you say Sony fans hate those games when its actually the complete opposite.
#6IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/15/2013 3:58:28 AM
I would be cool with it. :)
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#7KaiserWarriorPosted 5/15/2013 5:04:05 AM
"Oh, this system now has games that are generic, ultra-impenetrably weeaboo borefests that are entirely about mindless grinding for its own sake and nothing else. Hooray, I guess? Man I wish I was playing FF Tactics or Valkyria Chronicles instead."
#8DTY3Posted 5/15/2013 5:07:26 AM
I like anime and JRPGs a LOT, and I cant stand most of the games those companies make.

They are a bit TOO Japanese. And nobody can pronounce thetitles of the Atleiriata series, or whatever.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#9DTY3Posted 5/15/2013 5:08:11 AM
I like Disgaea though.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#10KaiserWarriorPosted 5/15/2013 5:09:32 AM
DTY3 posted...
I like anime and JRPGs a LOT, and I cant stand most of the games those companies make.

They are a bit TOO Japanese. And nobody can pronounce thetitles of the Atleiriata series, or whatever.

Nippon Ichi/Compile Heart/Gust games are the Michael Bay films of the Japanese video game industry.