One thing that annoys me with EA

#1andizzle29662Posted 5/15/2013 4:44:35 AM
Is the Wiiu is capable of handling battlefield 4. There's no way that a 7 year old console can handle it, and a new console with twice the memory can't. Look at Ubisoft, there bringing their most graphically intensive game of all time, watchdogs, to WiiU.
---
Most wanted: bioshock infinite, 3d mario game for WiiU, pokemon x, metro last light, animal crossing, pikmin 3, luigi mansion 2, and more.
#2teamaquashockPosted 5/15/2013 4:45:47 AM
Like what everyone's been saying, it's either devs aren't used to the Wii U's system yet, or EA is just butthurt for Nintendo not letting them have Origin on the Wii U.

That's what everyone here says anyway.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#3Neo_HeartlessPosted 5/15/2013 4:46:52 AM
We've been over this. We know the WiiU can handle the frostbite engine, but EA has an axe to grind with Nintendo and hey, it's not technically lying, because if you just take an existing engine and try and throw it on a system with different architecture, it's not going to work smoothly.

It's like kicking up a fuss because your diesel car can't handle unleaded petrol.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#4usaamahlinkPosted 5/15/2013 4:48:30 AM
EA's stupid CEO or whoever decided Wii U had no long term potential is to blame. I bet their developers would for the most part like to play around with the Wii U or have a chance to develop a game for it.. but EA, like usual, mismanages.

I just wanted a good NHL game on Wii U. Is that too much to ask for? HUH?
Maybe next year. Or next gen. -_- FML.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Zelda-ALttP, Xenoblade Chronicles, Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#5UponADarkThornePosted 5/15/2013 5:08:27 AM
There's only one thing that annoys you about EA?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#6AstralFrostPosted 5/15/2013 5:10:56 AM
It doesn't matter whether Wii U can handle it, if EA says they're not releasing it for Wii U they can use whatever excuse they want and there's not a thing that can be done about it. If you don't like it buy their current games on Wii U and maybe they'll release some more.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#7DoomsSDPosted 5/15/2013 5:11:50 AM
It's obvious butt hurt. They were gushing about the Wii U at previous E3's. Sadly for EA, not everyone on this board has as short a memory as they would like.

It's almost embarrassing watching DICE have to issue statements about how their engine didn't work well on Wii U and the results weren't worth taking further etc all because their owner EA had a fall out with Nintendo. If they weren't on a tight leash from EA they could have made it work. It's a different system with a different way of doing things- it's not going to be a copy paste job. It makes EA look like liars and it makes DICE look like a bad PR outlet for EA.

It actually smacks of a terribly handled propaganda slur campaign. It's ridiculous.

I don't mind publishers/developers not supporting a system but when they lie about their reasons with such pathetic back pedaling, it's hard to take them seriously again. I know now that EA only say what's convenient for them at the time and I'll be taking anything they and their owned companies (DICE etc) say/claim with a large grain of salt.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#8andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 7:04:34 AM
It's ok, for the most part, EA just rehashes their franchises and never innovates. I'm talking about the games they internally develop, as mass effect isn't an internal project. Dead space is the lone exception. Now Dead space is being driven to the ground.
---
Most wanted: bioshock infinite, 3d mario game for WiiU, pokemon x, metro last light, animal crossing, pikmin 3, luigi mansion 2, and more.
#9blm03vPosted 5/15/2013 10:43:52 AM
AstralFrost posted...
It doesn't matter whether Wii U can handle it, if EA says they're not releasing it for Wii U they can use whatever excuse they want and there's not a thing that can be done about it. If you don't like it buy their current games on Wii U and maybe they'll release some more.

Mass Effect 3 - same price as Mass Effect Trilogy
Madden 13 and FIFA 13 - stripped down versions
NFS MW- still full price, may not get DLC.

If they want consumers to purchase their games, they need to give them a reason to pick up the Wii U version over the other systems.
#10FlarethPosted 5/15/2013 10:55:40 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
There's only one thing that annoys you about EA?

haha, came here to post this. =P
---
You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!
-Montblanc/FFTA