Oh wow i got modded on Miiverse for spoiling Mega man.

#31nickvd8Posted 5/15/2013 5:03:27 PM
The reason most stuff gets modded on Miiverse is because other users tag it as inappropriate or spoilers or whatever.
---
We need Castlevania: Bloodlines on Wii U VC.
#32zoogelioPosted 5/15/2013 5:04:38 PM
Maybe some obsessive puritan is handling Miiverse moderation/censorship? Reminds me of back in the '60s, the networks Broadcast & Standards depts (AKA censors) were filled with some very easily offended, holier than thou people who were far out of the mainstream, but demanded tv conform to their standards. It was probably a carry over from movies' Hays Code (which took movies from risque to sanitized and tame where anything even slightly controversial had to be shelved or it was a big battle just to get it made). Those kind of morality police or aspiring authoritarians are attracted to positions of power like that. Same goes for school boards, those gated neighorhood community groups (can't have Christmas decorations out, can only plant flowers of a certain color outside your house, etc).
#33zatOMGPosted 5/15/2013 5:06:37 PM
zoogelio posted...
Maybe some obsessive puritan is handling Miiverse moderation/censorship? Reminds me of back in the '60s, the networks Broadcast & Standards depts (AKA censors) were filled with some very easily offended, holier than thou people who were far out of the mainstream, but demanded tv conform to their standards. It was probably a carry over from movies' Hays Code (which took movies from risque to sanitized and tame where anything even slightly controversial had to be shelved or it was a big battle just to get it made). Those kind of morality police or aspiring authoritarians are attracted to positions of power like that. Same goes for school boards, those gated neighorhood community groups (can't have Christmas decorations out, can only plant flowers of a certain color outside your house, etc).

Preach, brother!
#34AhnoldDoodPosted 5/15/2013 5:07:15 PM
nickvd8 posted...
The reason most stuff gets modded on Miiverse is because other users tag it as inappropriate or spoilers or whatever.

This.