Wiiu needs an ambassador program.

#21Kentaro21Posted 5/15/2013 10:33:01 PM
fissionprimer posted...
Kentaro21 posted...
ZatchBell posted...
1 first party game in 5 months is not patience it is incompetence.

Well we'd get a horrible game if it was rushedly made in five days.

Is still very disappointing that the next great thing for WiiU is coming in august and is not even really a system seller.

The next great thing THAT WE KNOW OF is coming in August.
#22DBPanterAPosted 5/15/2013 11:24:18 PM
It really does not need an ambassador program.

If they give away any games, they will be Nintendo first party. And I guarantee anyone who purchased the Wii U console to date is a die hard Nintendo fan and most likely own the majority of said games. I owned 17 of the 20 3DS ambassador games.

There is plenty of games to play: Be it Wii U retail, eShop digital downloads, Wii games, and the Wii's VC/WiiWare. I have enough games via the 30 cent digital downloads Nintendo has been doing to keep me busy until Pikmin 3. I guarantee everyone has missed some games over the years, now is the time to play them. In fact, looking at the release schedule for the PS3 and 360 also is pretty barren as most 3rd party developers are focusing their energy on the final big holiday push as well as next gen consoles.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#23fawfulmark2Posted 5/15/2013 11:50:46 PM
ZatchBell posted...
Nintendo has done such a horrible job with Wiiu post launch I think they owe Wiiu owners a public apology and some free game downloads. 1 Nintendo game in 5 months. Constant game delays(does the wonderful 101 have a release date? of course not). And the e-shop which is so slow it barely loads and has tons of errors(my internet is fast so it is definitely the e-shop that sucks). I am playing old wii games on my wiiu just to turn the system on. The system is selling like #$%# because it has NO games.

I do agree something must be done to increase sales, but it might need to be something else entirely from Ambassador(besides,isn't the 30 cent game thing essentially that?) most preferably something to establish stronger relationships with othe companies,because the Nintendo"Island unto itself" trend that started ever since Square left must stop.

also, BAO ZAKERUGA!!!!!!.......sorry.
---
LoL name: The Noble Kip
Brawl FC: 2280-6185-9316
#24Dark_Link92Posted 5/15/2013 11:56:01 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
ZatchBell posted...
You plan ahead of time, a billionaire dollar company should have the insight to know they have to release games to sell systems. Game & Wario probably did take 2 days to make by the looks of it.

How can they "plan ahead of time"? Do you even know when these games started development? Do you know how long these take?

And that crack about Game & Wario makes no sense.

I would say TC is right in this regard. The Wii U was announced almost 2 years ago and has obviously been in the pipeline longer than that, and they still don't have first party games ready to even show a bit of, let alone release. I get they need QA and everything, but they have a lot of studios under their ownership, and not one had something they could release before now.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#25TaplampPosted 5/16/2013 12:00:14 AM
I think an Ambassador Program only has a reason to exist IF they announce a sudden price drop with the Wii U, because the reason the 3DS got an ambassador program is because of a price drop, it had nothing to do with library or delayed launches or anything.

So yeah, only if there is a price drop should the Wii U receive an Ambassador Program.
---
UponADarkThorne: When I was a kid, I didn't hate the kid with Sega and he didn't hate me, I'd go over to his home to play Sonic, he'd come over to play Mario.
#26Dark_Link92Posted 5/16/2013 12:08:43 AM
Taplamp posted...
I think an Ambassador Program only has a reason to exist IF they announce a sudden price drop with the Wii U, because the reason the 3DS got an ambassador program is because of a price drop, it had nothing to do with library or delayed launches or anything.

So yeah, only if there is a price drop should the Wii U receive an Ambassador Program.

Why did it get an official price drop? It wasn't selling. Why wasn't it selling? N0 GaMez!
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!