Gamepad reverse-engineered by Dolphin Emulator devs

#1Poopcorn13Posted 5/15/2013 10:58:10 PM
Interesting tid bits and secrets about the controller.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-secrets-of-the-wii-u-gamepad
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#2gameG3ni3Posted 5/15/2013 10:59:36 PM
Only about 16 hours behind the first posters...good job man!!! High five!!!
---
("+[__]::") = love
#3Poopcorn13(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 11:02:27 PM
Welp, I've deserve that. Forgot the search bar exists.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#4YoyokuKOPosted 5/15/2013 11:03:59 PM
people got work (8-10 hours)
plus some other stuff for 6 hours (lunch, friends, etc.)

lay off him
my only input for TC is use the search
#5xChaosLordxPosted 5/16/2013 12:10:05 AM
The devs on team Dolphin are among the best in emulation. And its no secret they've been working on emulation for the Wii-U. I predict the Wii-U gets emulated and people are playing commercial games on emulators at full speeds in 2 years or less. The Wii-U system itself already got hacked which means team Dolphin already has all the info they need to assemble an emulator now that they've emulated the pad already, lol!
#6xChaosLordxPosted 5/16/2013 12:10:34 AM
The hackers already beat the games, I wonder if the emulators will too?
#7Auction SniperPosted 5/16/2013 12:24:04 AM
I guess it would be kind of cool to use the gamepad for pc games.... For off screen play anyway.
---
No More Heroes - The game where you engage in Light-sabre combat while riding on a Greyhound Bus.
#8fuzi11Posted 5/16/2013 12:32:40 AM
I had to chuckle at his sentence

internetpage posted...
The GamePad itself isn't anywhere near as complex as even the most basic Android tablet - essentially it's a standard game controller, with a touch-screen and a WiFi card, paired up with a decoder chip for the incoming video stream.

No way! Who would have known? (Hmmm... Sarcasm is not strong enough with that one... Let's try again)
NO WAY!!1!1!one1! MIND = BLOWN

Auction Sniper posted...
I guess it would be kind of cool to use the gamepad for pc games.... For off screen play anyway.

I would love that, too. I really hope it is possible to connect the Gamepad with the PC and use it exactly that way. I would even buy a separate Gamepad solely for my PC.
#9Sad_FacePosted 5/16/2013 1:34:54 AM(edited)
The devs on team Dolphin are among the best in emulation. And its no secret they've been working on emulation for the Wii-U. I predict the Wii-U gets emulated and people are playing commercial games on emulators at full speeds in 2 years or less. The Wii-U system itself already got hacked which means team Dolphin already has all the info they need to assemble an emulator now that they've emulated the pad already, lol!

I doubt the Wii U will be hacked [EDIT: My apologies tyrolzall, emulated] any time soon, especially this early in the generation when they said this.

"PowerPC is 'meh' for emulation - not hard, not easy. Having more cores to emulate might actually make things easier for emulation in my opinion: it means games will usually rely less on precise timing," he says. "The biggest problem will be the GPU: emulating a complicated programmable GPU is something that I think hasn't been done yet, and it might be very difficult with APIs like DX and GL hiding so many details from the developers."
#10tyrolzallPosted 5/16/2013 1:11:16 AM
Sad_Face posted...

I doubt the Wii U will be hacked any time soon, especially this early in the generation when they said this.

"PowerPC is 'meh' for emulation - not hard, not easy. Having more cores to emulate might actually make things easier for emulation in my opinion: it means games will usually rely less on precise timing," he says. "The biggest problem will be the GPU: emulating a complicated programmable GPU is something that I think hasn't been done yet, and it might be very difficult with APIs like DX and GL hiding so many details from the developers."

The Wii-U has already been hacked. Last month's news.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/wii-u-hack-means-that-mod-chips-and-headaches-for-nintendo-are-incoming/

And they got quality die pics about the Wii-Us GPU. Its similar to a Radeon 4650/4670. Basically they know what the hardware is, and they also know how it works, because its already been hacked and all. All that was left was to hack the pad, and that is already done now too. They already got all the info they need to start working on the new emulator.