I can't believe what I'm about to say, but...

#1laxnd23Posted 5/16/2013 12:15:17 PM
I kinda hope the Wii U fails. Now many people who've seen me post know I'm not a troll, nor is this a trolling topic. I think the Wii U has great potential. Hell, I was planning on getting one sometime near the holidays once the games start coming out. But Nintendo keeps showing that they really have no idea what they are doing. A lot of the stuff I'd go into detail about has been said before, so I'll just list them: no account system, terrible game distribution, bad VC service, debatably underpowered hardware. That all can be fixed, either through patches or revisions or releasing games. But the thing that really irked me was the decision to claim ad revenue from YT videos. Some people say they are allowed to, and they are right, Nintendo is allowed to. But should they? They aren't exactly hurting for the money. To me and a whole bunch of people, they basically made a move that is worse than anything Capcom or EA has done. They talk about working to get the hardcore gamer, then they piss off the hardcore gamer with no "core" games and then this nonsense. So I kinda want the Wii U to fail because then maybe Nintendo will look at the factors that led to its failure. I don't want Nintendo to fail, or even go third party. But they need a wake up call.

Now I'm sure that most will be rational in this topic, but I'm fully expecting the people so far up Nintendo's butt that they can't see daylight to come in here and defend Nintendo's stupid action. But these extreme fanboys need to realize that maybe if Nintendo blended their creativity with the power and architecture of the more powerful consoles, they'd truly be on top.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#2Schwepps01Posted 5/16/2013 12:18:14 PM
laxnd23 posted...
No account system, terrible game distribution, bad VC service, debatably underpowered hardware. That all can be fixed, either through patches or revisions or releasing games. But the thing that really irked me was the decision to claim ad revenue from YT videos.

This is the problem. Nintendo is focusing its efforts on greed and does not give a hoot about its fanbase. They have no interest in fixing these things that have been broken for over a GENERATION now (99% of which could have been fixed by giving a damn). Instead they're going after Youtube nerds lest they have even one more dollar that Nintendo could have had.
---
#3TrueBlue91Posted 5/16/2013 12:20:48 PM
80% of the "trolls" here are in the same boat as you TC, you're not alone.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#4laxnd23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 12:21:12 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
laxnd23 posted...
No account system, terrible game distribution, bad VC service, debatably underpowered hardware. That all can be fixed, either through patches or revisions or releasing games. But the thing that really irked me was the decision to claim ad revenue from YT videos.

This is the problem. Nintendo is focusing its efforts on greed and does not give a hoot about its fanbase. They have no interest in fixing these things that have been broken for over a GENERATION now (99% of which could have been fixed by giving a damn). Instead they're going after Youtube nerds lest they have even one more dollar that Nintendo could have had.

Which is beyond stupid because those people are generating free interest for Nintendo products. My desire to get a Wii U grew after watching LP's from GassyMexican doing Lego City Undercover. All Nintendo is doing is showing they have no idea how to handle the HD generation nor an online system or presence.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#5Virus66Posted 5/16/2013 12:21:41 PM
If you have to try to say "I'm not a troll" or "this isn't a troll topic", then you already lost your argument.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#6CrystalKing5426Posted 5/16/2013 12:22:03 PM
Virus66 posted...
If you have to try to say "I'm not a troll" or "this isn't a troll topic", then you already lost your argument.

---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#7VideoboysaysCubePosted 5/16/2013 12:22:11 PM
This is why I'm not bothering with Wii U. Nintendo proved to me last generation that they're in it just for the cash. I understand they're a business, but when you're squeezing out that extra cent at the expense of your loyal fan base, there's a problem. Until they get their act in gear, I'm done with them.
---
This sentence has five words. This sentence has eight words. Only one sentence in this signature is true.
#8tizzywilkillyouPosted 5/16/2013 12:23:33 PM
laxnd23 posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
laxnd23 posted...

Which is beyond stupid because those people are generating free interest for Nintendo products. My desire to get a Wii U grew after watching LP's from GassyMexican doing Lego City Undercover. All Nintendo is doing is showing they have no idea how to handle the HD generation nor an online system or presence.

When you have prolific trolls agreeing with you emphatically, look in the mirror.
#9PigfartsPosted 5/16/2013 12:24:06 PM
I'm waiting for homebrew U.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#10laxnd23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 12:24:14 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
80% of the "trolls" here are in the same boat as you TC, you're not alone.

The thing is there are a lot of trolls on this board. It's the new system and it's doing poorly. Same thing happened to the 3DS and the Vita when they were in the same situations. So unfortunately, there are a bunch of trolls on this board. But another unfortunate thing is that there are a bunch of diehard fansluts who basically will do anything to say that Nintendo can do no wrong. And to those who are offended by that word, it applies very well to the people who seem to have sold their bodies to be the mouthpieces for Nintendo.
---