So The Game Pad is just a controller with a Screen....

#11EdoVandeKampPosted 5/16/2013 2:03:38 PM
Ignorance at its finest.
Honestly, don't you guys pay attention or do some research before open your mouth?
It is more than obvious that the Gamepad is just a controller.
---
Proud Wii U owner.
NNID: EdoGaru
#12zoogelioPosted 5/16/2013 2:07:54 PM
parthos566 posted...
The greatest inventory organizer and map viewer ever made.

Also this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-secrets-of-the-wii-u-gamepad

and it states: "The GamePad itself isn't anywhere near as complex as even the most basic Android tablet - essentially it's a standard game controller, with a touch-screen and a WiFi card, paired up with a decoder chip for the incoming video stream."

So whats the excuse this time when Sony and M$ have fully functioning tablets for their consoles? Can't say innovation to Nintendo xP

If Sony & Microsoft made fully functioning tablet controllers, HOW expensive do you expect their consoles to be?
#13parthos566(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 2:08:39 PM
EdoVandeKamp posted...
Ignorance at its finest.
Honestly, don't you guys pay attention or do some research before open your mouth?
It is more than obvious that the Gamepad is just a controller.

Yea I found that out through the article I posted, because you see Nintendo didn't specifically come out and just state that this was an OVER GLORIFIED CONTROLLER. They LEFT ALOT OF GREY AREA. Pretty funny how threatened Nintendo must feel by the mobile market.

And any/all trolling aside, if your not tech savy it is easy for the general consumer to confuse "The GamePad" with a "Tablet".
---
PSN: Mastadope42
The PC is the PS3 of the 8th Gen Console Race.
#14Baha05Posted 5/16/2013 2:10:00 PM
parthos566 posted...
Yea I found that out through the article I posted, because you see Nintendo didn't specifically come out and just state that this was an OVER GLORIFIED CONTROLLER. They LEFT ALOT OF GREY AREA. Pretty funny how threatened Nintendo must feel by the mobile market.

And any/all trolling aside, if your not tech savy it is easy for the general consumer to confuse "The GamePad" with a "Tablet".

Kinda sad that you found that out, I knew about it since they first talked about the Wii U.

Also the none tech savy don't matter much now.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#15lt519Posted 5/16/2013 2:10:41 PM
The excuse is that tablets and a Vita still cost hundreds of dollars. Nintendo packaged the gamepad in with the system. Have fun paying an extra $200-500 for a tablet controller or Vita.

That being said I probably will buy a discounted Vita to have the same type of experience on the PS4. But Nintendo went for affordable here, it's not like they don't know how to build a beefy system, they just chose not to so they can make money and provide a cheaper overall package.
#16parthos566(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 2:11:45 PM
zoogelio posted...
parthos566 posted...
The greatest inventory organizer and map viewer ever made.

Also this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-secrets-of-the-wii-u-gamepad

and it states: "The GamePad itself isn't anywhere near as complex as even the most basic Android tablet - essentially it's a standard game controller, with a touch-screen and a WiFi card, paired up with a decoder chip for the incoming video stream."

So whats the excuse this time when Sony and M$ have fully functioning tablets for their consoles? Can't say innovation to Nintendo xP

If Sony & Microsoft made fully functioning tablet controllers, HOW expensive do you expect their consoles to be?

They don't specifically have to build new hardware. And why can't we say use an Ipad on a PS4. And most people I know, (People That Move With The Times And Adapt) have "Smart Devices"

I guess you could call "The GamePad" a "Dumb Device", a "Hurr Durr Device"
---
#17parthos566(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 2:12:54 PM
Oh and by the way....I already have a tablet. THAT I WON FOR FREE O.o say whaaaaaaaaatt!!!
---
#18QT31416Posted 5/16/2013 2:19:45 PM
LOL

Thanks op for reminding me why I only associate with educated people lol

Controller with a screen hahaha DUH lolololol haha
---
i5-3570k | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | Vengeance 16gb | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Sabertooth Z77
#19parthos566(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 2:22:39 PM
QT31416 posted...
LOL

Thanks op for reminding me why I only associate with educated people lol

Controller with a screen hahaha DUH lolololol haha

Likewise
---
#20digiblasterPosted 5/16/2013 3:32:40 PM
Sony's controller isn't a tablet. It's based on the original DualShock model, with some minor adaptations, and the touch pad. This is not a screen. It won't be able to do what the Wii U does. And as for Vita, not everybody owns one, so any 'tablet' features implemented would be optional - you can't alienate a large portion of your consumer base for not having the necessary peripherals. Developers know this, and, like Playstation Move, it won't be utilised very much.

Microsoft have discussed SmartGlass, though not much is known. It will, however, require two separate devices to make use of what the Wii U does in one. If Microsoft decide to go down the tablet controller route, most of the Xbox fanbase would likely lose their s***; they've not held back against Nintendo, and have made their opinions of the GamePad perfectly clear.

Even if Microsoft did make use of a tablet controller, Nintendo would have still been the innovative ones - something doesn't stop being innovative just because other people copied it. Nintendo were the first ones to use a tablet controller for a games console, so they're the innovative ones (even if the technology has been around for a while).
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias