Let's talk about ways Retro Studios could improve upon Metroid Prime

#1wiiking96Posted 5/16/2013 3:31:10 PM
While all three games in the Trilogy are at least "Great", they still have their problems, and those problems being solved in a new FPA Metroid game for the Wii-U would be very nice. I'll talk about Metroid Prime 1 specifically:

1. Have fewer mostly empty rooms. I feel like too many rooms just act as a passage way between bigger rooms. More rooms should have secrets to be found. Perhaps have more lore be in hidden locations and less out in the open.

2. Have the overworld be more convenient to navigate. I feel like backtracking can be too much of a pain sometimes. There should be many more shortcuts and alternate routes that make traversing the world easier. One of the main things that irks me is how there's only one elevator that leads to Phendrana Drifts, making it a pain to backtrack there.

3. Have dynamic environments. This is one of the best aspects of Metroid Fusion. When backtracking to previous areas, you may sometimes find things to be drastically altered because of an event there. While Metroid Prime does a good job of having enemies change during later visits, the environments are still mostly static(maybe even completely; I'm not certain).

In general, I think that Retro should look at the excellent overworld design of Metroid Fusion.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2jb08045Posted 5/16/2013 3:31:44 PM
end it
---
---
Watch me set my 360 on fire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iPJKQPSwE
#3digiblasterPosted 5/16/2013 3:33:36 PM
Prime was supposed to be a trilogy; it should stay that way.

If there's another Metroid game, it shouldn't (won't?) be a Prime game.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#4tigg06Posted 5/16/2013 3:35:41 PM
best way to improve prime.. don't make anymore. Make a metroid game true to its roots... I could never get into prime games, dislike fps for the most part, metroid wasnt a shooter
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#5strongo9Posted 5/16/2013 3:37:39 PM
WTF? So much Prime hate in here. You guys have terrible taste in video games.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#6wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 3:38:38 PM
digiblaster posted...
Prime was supposed to be a trilogy; it should stay that way.

If there's another Metroid game, it shouldn't (won't?) be a Prime game.

I'm talking about another Metroid FPA, not another Prime game.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#7Boclfon479Posted 5/16/2013 3:40:57 PM
im calling it now, new metroid game will be dread. its been alluded to and is something people really want...

also i feel like the retro game was never specifically stated to be a wii u game, so it really could be dread
#8sentoworfPosted 5/16/2013 3:41:33 PM
Metroid Prime is great. I just started playing the first one and it's really fun. I can't believe I waited until now.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#9digiblasterPosted 5/16/2013 4:07:06 PM
strongo9 posted...
WTF? So much Prime hate in here. You guys have terrible taste in video games.

I loved Prime, but I don't want a Prime sequel. It's a trilogy that should be left as is.

I'd love another first person Metroid game though.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#10Warmonger222Posted 5/16/2013 6:37:36 PM
I would love to see another FPS Metroid with those improvements applied.
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios