Let's talk about ways Retro Studios could improve upon Metroid Prime

#41wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 8:17:04 PM
Xenozoa425 posted...
Echoes was awesome.

It's my favorite of the three Primes(but only by a little bit). I appreciate the strategy that the ammo-based beams allow for, the bosses are overall the best in the series, it has a great atmosphere, and while Dark Aether is somewhat lacking, I still enjoy it. Dark Samus is also a very awesome aspect of the game.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#42wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 8:18:23 PM
Grave_Joker posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...
This topic is proof that these boards are infested with SNES fanboys.

Yeah seriously. I love metroid but I dont want it to go back to 2D on a HD console.

Agreed. I think the 3DS would be more suited to a new 2D Metroid.
---
#43Shah138Posted 5/20/2013 8:41:24 PM
- Have some melee combat mixed in here and there. Have some enemies that are immune or very resilient to all projectile attacks and give Samus a few melee techniques that make her feel very powerful and that are satisfying to use.

Oh god no. I'd hate to have enemies that require you to kill them in a completely different way. I feel it breaks the flow of the game. This sounds especially awkward in a first person game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Klnh2X4.jpg http://i.minus.com/iDzzifgtUqY6O.gif
http://i.minus.com/ib0RSCIRIvOFCX.gif
#44wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 2:11:53 PM
Shah138 posted...
- Have some melee combat mixed in here and there. Have some enemies that are immune or very resilient to all projectile attacks and give Samus a few melee techniques that make her feel very powerful and that are satisfying to use.

Oh god no. I'd hate to have enemies that require you to kill them in a completely different way. I feel it breaks the flow of the game. This sounds especially awkward in a first person game.

Think of it like this:
- Run up to the enemy in question.
- Respond to a button prompt to initialize the move; game reverts to close up 3rd person view.
- Do whatever button and control stick inputs are necessary to execute the attack.

As a basic example:
You are fighting a Space Pirate. Run up to it and respond to the button prompt to have Samus lunge and punch it in the chest to stun it. Then you hold B to grab it by the arm, move the the control stick in the direction to want to toss it, and release B to sent to hurtling towards it's trajectory.

This could be done to all types of Space Pirates.
---
#45SSJ4CHRISPosted 5/22/2013 2:17:43 PM
When they unveil Super Metroid HD at E3, I'll know that the Wii U was never something I wanted and be extra glad I didn't buy one.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 White 2 FC: 2924 7399 0619 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#46iKhanicPosted 5/22/2013 2:25:22 PM
2 words. Third person
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#47wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 3:29:51 PM
iKhanic posted...
2 words. Third person

But it wouldn't be a FPA anymore if it wasn't in first person. The FP perspective added a lot of atmosphere and involvement to the Primes.
---