Nintenception: Put advertising in free advertising and screw over best fans.

#1PointmanPosted 5/16/2013 3:42:20 PM
Those daft ****s don't even understand that LPers make them money and spread their brand.
Another notch in the belt of Nintendo, the company completely disconnected from their own best interests.
#2AhnoldDoodPosted 5/16/2013 3:43:57 PM
Yeah, because there were never any ads before then oh wait yes there were and you can block it and the LPers are in no trouble.
#3arvilinoPosted 5/16/2013 3:52:43 PM
Pointman posted...
Those daft ****s don't even understand that LPers make them money and spread their brand.
Another notch in the belt of Nintendo, the company completely disconnected from their own best interests.

LPers aren't exactly the best fans if getting ad revenue is the difference between them putting the LPs up or not.

LPs were never intended to make money in the first place, just ask the guy who came up with the concept.
#4UmitenchoPosted 5/16/2013 3:56:09 PM
If you are LPing for the money then can you really say you are in it to advertise Nintendo?

Someone who just LPs for the fun of it isn't gonna care about getting money off something meant to display the fun they have playing the games.

Money ruins everything.
#5arvilinoPosted 5/16/2013 3:59:30 PM
Umitencho posted...
If you are LPing for the money then can you really say you are in it to advertise Nintendo?

Someone who just LPs for the fun of it isn't gonna care about getting money off something meant to display the fun they have playing the games.

Money ruins everything.

Yeah it's mostly an excuse "oh yeah I'm...."advertising" for Nintendo". But when Nintendo actually puts their ads in the video, it's suddenly their livelihood.
#6Baha05Posted 5/16/2013 4:00:34 PM
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=202796
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7strongo9Posted 5/16/2013 4:01:32 PM
People should be doing Let's Plays as full time jobs anyway. It should be a hobby.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#8NewbiusPosted 5/16/2013 4:03:51 PM(edited)
Umitencho posted...

Money ruins everything.

Proof of this: PewDiePie, iJustine Gaming, Tobascus' gaming channel, and various other channels that don't care for gaming.
#9BMD1990Posted 5/16/2013 4:10:42 PM
I've always found making money off playthroughs as working the system. If you wanna talk about free advertizing like 5 vids max would do the job But no these guys with the sheep followers got to do 50+ and get payed for all of them?
---
Spoilers for next week's RAW
Shield Wins
#10PsienceWinsPosted 5/16/2013 4:16:34 PM
It's not like YouTube partners haven't had their videos taken down because of copyright infringement anyway. In a way this is a great move by Nintendo. Look at how Konami recently handled the SotN play through by Super Beard Bros. They had to stop making videos for almost a month and working out the legalities with Konami or take down the videos.

In this way Nintendo lets EVERYONE put ANY Nintendo LP on YouTube with just an ad at the beginning? This is great for both parties.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.