What if the next Metroid was like Uncharted?

#21pikachupwnagePosted 5/16/2013 4:25:34 PM
Hell no!
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#22KaiserWarriorPosted 5/16/2013 4:31:52 PM
They already tried turning Metroid into a modern mainstream 'cinematic' game. It was called Other M, and it was an abominable pile of absolute dog **** according to basically everyone that wasn't a desperately hardcore member of the Nintendo Defense Force.

Metroid should either be a 2D game with high-res sprites and a deep focus on non-linear exploration (See also: Super Metroid) or a detailed, immersive First-Person Adventure with a ton of attention paid to the tiny details that make the world come alive and really put you inside the suit (See also: Metroid Prime).
#23IokuaPosted 5/16/2013 4:44:26 PM
nuskooI posted...
Iokua posted...
I don't even want the next Uncharted to be like Uncharted.

this

casual nooblet mainstreamers will NOT stop until they ruin all of our classic video game franchises! Can you guys even imagine if games keep on getting worse, like even worse than this gen has been?

I don't want Metroid to turn into another crappy generic shooter.

Please refrain from using my posts to further your stupid.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#24BackAlleyNekoPosted 5/16/2013 4:59:58 PM
I recognize the Uncharted games as very well made, and are quite the technical showcases on the PS3.....but they weren't my kind of game. I can't really equate the style of game they are to being a good fit for Metroid either.

Batman: Arkham Asylum with gunplay (and other obvious tweaks) would make a better Metroid game in my opinion.
#25nuskooIPosted 5/16/2013 5:03:49 PM
Iokua posted...
nuskooI posted...
Iokua posted...

this

casual nooblet mainstreamers will NOT stop until they ruin all of our classic video game franchises! Can you guys even imagine if games keep on getting worse, like even worse than this gen has been?

Neither I or my posts are stupid, so you should just get out and shush your ignorant mouth.

Either that or I will just put you on ignore. Your choice.
---
It opens doors. Doors to the pleasures of heaven or hell I do not care which.
Not a fan of the InteractiveMovieStation3. I like to play games, not movies.
#26knightimexPosted 5/16/2013 5:55:09 PM
Uncharted is just a clone of Tomb Raider with a man instead of a woman.
Tomb raider is just a clone of Mario 64 with a woman instead of a man.
mario 64 is just a clone of, oh wait...
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
XBL, PSN, NNID: KnightimeX
#27IokuaPosted 5/16/2013 6:04:49 PM
nuskooI posted...
Iokua posted...
nuskooI posted...
Iokua posted...

this

Neither I or my posts are stupid, so you should just get out and shush your ignorant mouth.

Either that or I will just put you on ignore. Your choice.

You used the phrase "casual nooblet mainstreamers" in reference to go knows what in my post, as if Uncharted was somehow casual or noob. You failed to use proper capitalization at the start of your post, didn't use a period after "this" and then you failed to properly capitalize a new sentence after a paragraph break. If we ignore the fact that you quoted me and then made a post that was somewhat nonsensical, your post itself is somewhat stupid in structure.
---
#28nuskooIPosted 5/16/2013 6:12:10 PM
Iokua posted...
You used the phrase "casual nooblet mainstreamers" in reference to go knows what in my post, as if Uncharted was somehow casual or noob. You failed to use proper capitalization at the start of your post, didn't use a period after "this" and then you failed to properly capitalize a new sentence after a paragraph break. If we ignore the fact that you quoted me and then made a post that was somewhat nonsensical, your post itself is somewhat stupid in structure.

Y(notice I capitalized the 'y')ou should stop getting confused with not caring with not being able. (period) I (notice how I capitalized 'i'?) am very proficient in English. I just do not care enough since I am not writing an essay.

i can chooze 2 use proper grammarz, speling, punktuation or knot if I want ?!

Oh and nothing about my post was nonsensical. Tomb Raider has become a generic shooter. Splinter Cell became a casual shooter. Resident Evil became a casual shooter. Etc., etc. So many franchises ruined this gen, and so many casual games these days.

Nooblet is a cute word, and I can make up the word "mainstreamer" if I want to. It means, someone who loves mainstream stuff such as Call of Duty, other FPS and all the other highly overrated overhyped games that are meant for the masses of sheep.

So, I will tell you again, nooblet, please leave, Grammar Police.
---
#29IokuaPosted 5/16/2013 6:16:52 PM
nuskooI posted...
Iokua posted...

Y(notice I capitalized the 'y')ou should stop getting confused with not caring with not being able. (period) I (notice how I capitalized 'i'?) am very proficient in English. I just do not care enough since I am not writing an essay.

Oh and nothing about my post was nonsensical. Tomb Raider has become a generic shooter. Splinter Cell became a casual shooter. Resident Evil became a casual shooter. Etc., etc. So many franchises ruined this gen, and so many casual games these days.

Nooblet is a cute word, and I can make up the word "mainstreamer" if I want to. It means, someone who loves mainstream stuff such as Call of Duty, other FPS and all the other highly overrated overhyped games that are meant for the masses of sheep.

So, when are you going to stop proving my point? None of the games you mentioned are casual. Uncharted certainly is not casual, nor is it "noob", another term I don't think you understand the meaning of. Furthermore, if you don't want to be treated like an idiot, then refrain from posting like one. You should also refrain from randomly quoting people and then going on to jabber nonsensically in a manner that doesn't match up with what you're quoting. I'm sorry you're upset that you came across in a stupid manner, but stamping your feet and whining doesn't change that.
---
#30nuskooIPosted 5/16/2013 6:25:08 PM
Iokua posted...
nuskooI posted...
Iokua posted...

So, when are you going to stop proving my point? None of the games you mentioned are casual. Uncharted certainly is not casual, nor is it "noob", another term I don't think you understand the meaning of. Furthermore, if you don't want to be treated like an idiot, then refrain from posting like one. You should also refrain from randomly quoting people and then going on to jabber nonsensically in a manner that doesn't match up with what you're quoting. I'm sorry you're upset that you came across in a stupid manner, but stamping your feet and whining doesn't change that.

You might not want to call me stupid when you cannot even understand that I was agreeing with what you said and then added onto it with my other opinions. So, most of what I had said had nothing to do with what you said, directly. Most of what I said does not match up with what you said because not all those words are meant for you. They are my opinion and you can get the hell out.

If you cannot handle opinions and you have a tissy fit over it, I recommend you take a nap instead of getting beet red in the face and blowing your top. You should breathe deeply and count to 100 before exploding.

You have to keep on insulting me, when you are the one who has a difficult time understanding? Keep on insulting me, you will go on ignore. I didn't insult you and I refuse to be abused by your immature rantings.
---