Do you think Nintendo Wii U is the last home console Nintendo will develop?

#21NovaLevossidaPosted 5/16/2013 5:19:23 PM
nuskooI posted...
Why would it be? Also, this gen just started a mere 6 months ago, and there are years to go. By the end of the gen the Wii U will be in a much better position, pwning the InteractiveMovieShooterStation 4 and InteractiveMovieShooterBox 3.

It's really a stretch to call something "this gen" when it features last gen hardware and offers so little beyond an integrated message board and a touchscreen controller. When the new consoles come out, the Wii U will be just as far behind them as the Wii was behind this generation's systems, and it will have even less third party support. I'm not saying this is going to stop Nintendo from being profitable or anything, but calling the Wii U part of the next generation of consoles is just a nice way of saying 7 year old hardware was just released as a brand new item around the same time as its competitors.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance. The guilty pay the price.
"I cast Dia, then I strike." - A Final Fantasy XI Warrior / White Mage
#22deathwave21Posted 5/16/2013 5:26:35 PM
Definitely not
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#23NamcoMuseum2Posted 5/16/2013 5:28:33 PM
I think the next next system being a hybrid of both a handheld and a home console. I cannot see Iwata making a console that would compete with the PS5 and Xbox 1080 after seeing the Wii U compared to the PS4.
---
RobJ23 = defeated (PM me if you're wondering why)
RIP Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Ouya is coming this year.
#24NamcoMuseum2Posted 5/16/2013 5:31:06 PM
nuskooI posted...
InteractiveMovieShooterStation 4 and InteractiveMovieShooterBox 3.

Ignorant Nintendo fanboys call the PS3 and Xbox 360 "Shooter Boxes and Shooter Stations" when they had far more genre diverse libraries than the Wii. The same will most likely happen this gen.
---
RobJ23 = defeated (PM me if you're wondering why)
RIP Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Ouya is coming this year.
#25me1122Posted 5/16/2013 5:34:33 PM
Dragon age and mass effect are because of EA.
Ea dont want their games on the wiiu because nintnedo wont let them butt rape us with drm
unreal for was designed for the next box, not anything else so hes not wrong. But that dont mean it wont work.
third partes dont like how nintendo doesnt have the cawwadooty crowd but instead real gamers that expect good games so they dont want to mess with us.

Nintendo is the only one that always makes money from console/games.
#26StrongBlackVinePosted 5/16/2013 5:36:45 PM
SuperShadowAce posted...
Considering they made the most money out of them all and Japanese studios are still supporting them. Nah, they'll be fine.

Not this time. Sony isn't selling the PS4 for a major loss and we know the software sales will be high. Nintendo does have an edge with all the money they make from first party games sells though
#27me1122Posted 5/16/2013 5:40:05 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
SuperShadowAce posted...
Considering they made the most money out of them all and Japanese studios are still supporting them. Nah, they'll be fine.

Not this time. Sony isn't selling the PS4 for a major loss and we know the software sales will be high. Nintendo does have an edge with all the money they make from first party games sells though

Sony isn't? You have a source on that?

Also didnt reggie say that with just one game and the sale of the wiiu nintendo makes money? no one doesnt buy a game if they get a game system at least nintendo is always making money.
#28nuskooIPosted 5/16/2013 5:41:04 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
nuskooI posted...
Why would it be? Also, this gen just started a mere 6 months ago, and there are years to go. By the end of the gen the Wii U will be in a much better position, pwning the InteractiveMovieShooterStation 4 and InteractiveMovieShooterBox 3.

It's really a stretch to call something "this gen" when it features last gen hardware and offers so little beyond an integrated message board and a touchscreen controller. When the new consoles come out, the Wii U will be just as far behind them as the Wii was behind this generation's systems, and it will have even less third party support. I'm not saying this is going to stop Nintendo from being profitable or anything, but calling the Wii U part of the next generation of consoles is just a nice way of saying 7 year old hardware was just released as a brand new item around the same time as its competitors.

Well, good thing that a console gen is determined with the order in which consoles come out, and has absolutely nothing to do with the tech. Nice try tho, troll. Everyone knows your argument is junk.

Oh and not much 3rd party support now doesn't necessarily mean that it won't in the future. But keep on trolling tho. You might just troll your way onto my ignore list! XP

NamcoMuseum2 posted...
nuskooI posted...
InteractiveMovieShooterStation 4 and InteractiveMovieShooterBox 3.

Ignorant Nintendo fanboys call the PS3 and Xbox 360 "Shooter Boxes and Shooter Stations" when they had far more genre diverse libraries than the Wii. The same will most likely happen this gen.

Nice try, silly mainstreamer.

I own a PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U. I did have a 360 but it broke and I don't care about it because it has no games.

I actually play my PS3 the most (movies and music too), and it is so difficult to find good games that are actually games and not interactive movie shooters. I hate modern mainstream crap. So ghetto casual. Not into the pewpew and linear games. Nintendo actually make games that are games and they don't go overboard on the pewpew, also, most Nintendo games aren't nearly as linear as those wanna be movie experiences.

More diverse genres? HA! pewpewpewpewpwepwe - yep, so diverse!
---
It opens doors. Doors to the pleasures of heaven or hell I do not care which.
Not a fan of the InteractiveMovieStation3. I like to play games, not movies.