Wii U update freezes after download. Help!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U update freezes after download. Help!

User Info: Bubbagump

Bubbagump
3 years ago#1
So I just got my Wii U and was really excited to try it out. I got it used and have attempted to install the update twice. The first time it downloaded ok and then went to a white screen with the Wii U logo at the bottom right. It stayed like that for at least an hour so I unplugged it (risky I know) and restarted. Everything booted up ok and I attempted to download the update again. Once again, it downloaded fine but is still stuck on the white screen. Is this a common problem and is there anything I can do? Thanks a bunch.
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred

User Info: Archsaze

Archsaze
3 years ago#2
While I would recommend trying again one more time (and absolutely do not unplug the console if it's downloading/installing), if it freezes, go ahead and call nintendo customer service to see what they suggest. They might replace your console. Sorry to hear you are having trouble, it really is a great product.

Bubbagump
3 years ago#3
Thanks. Yeah I know it'll be a great system and I was really psyched up to have some fun tonight. I'll give 'em a call tomorrow I suppose. I hope this isn't something serious. :(
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred

Bubbagump
3 years ago#4
Well good news. I don't know if this will help anyone else but I moved my Wii U right next to my router and it downloaded and installed the update just fine. Weird how it was only a few feet away in the adjacent room but whatever. As long as it's working! I'm loving it so far! Can't wait for all the great games that'll be coming out!

User Info: Nikra

Nikra
3 years ago#5
I would recommend that you go into settings and do a "System formatting" and then start over with the downloading.

EDIT:
I just read the previous post, so you obvious don't need to do what I recommended. lol

Bubbagump
3 years ago#6
Oddly enough the first thing I did was reformat and try to do a factory reset. After that the shenanigans started. It's all good though! Thanks nonetheless.

User Info: gameG3ni3

gameG3ni3
3 years ago#7
Glad to hear you got it runnin'!
("+[__]::") = love

Bubbagump
3 years ago#8
Yeah. I cleared the first level of NSMB Wii U, did some archery in the Zelda game in Nintendo Land, and did some of Transformers Prime (only bought the game cause I loved the show. I didn't expect too much but it was still pretty decent!) Overall I'm really enjoying my purchase. I mean, as long as you do your research and know what you're getting into, there's no reason not to get some fun out of this system. There may be a slight drought now but I have more than enough to tide me over until the eventual Marios and Zeldas come out.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U update freezes after download. Help!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived