Wii U update freezes after download. Help!

#1BubbagumpPosted 5/16/2013 4:52:40 PM
So I just got my Wii U and was really excited to try it out. I got it used and have attempted to install the update twice. The first time it downloaded ok and then went to a white screen with the Wii U logo at the bottom right. It stayed like that for at least an hour so I unplugged it (risky I know) and restarted. Everything booted up ok and I attempted to download the update again. Once again, it downloaded fine but is still stuck on the white screen. Is this a common problem and is there anything I can do? Thanks a bunch.
---
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred
#2ArchsazePosted 5/16/2013 5:02:38 PM
While I would recommend trying again one more time (and absolutely do not unplug the console if it's downloading/installing), if it freezes, go ahead and call nintendo customer service to see what they suggest. They might replace your console. Sorry to hear you are having trouble, it really is a great product.
#3Bubbagump(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 5:04:04 PM
Thanks. Yeah I know it'll be a great system and I was really psyched up to have some fun tonight. I'll give 'em a call tomorrow I suppose. I hope this isn't something serious. :(
---
Such rot, sir. Why, you're the very model of sanity. Oh, by the way, I pressed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls. ~ Alfred
#4Bubbagump(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 6:51:28 PM
Well good news. I don't know if this will help anyone else but I moved my Wii U right next to my router and it downloaded and installed the update just fine. Weird how it was only a few feet away in the adjacent room but whatever. As long as it's working! I'm loving it so far! Can't wait for all the great games that'll be coming out!
---
#5NikraPosted 5/16/2013 6:58:45 PM(edited)
I would recommend that you go into settings and do a "System formatting" and then start over with the downloading.

EDIT:
I just read the previous post, so you obvious don't need to do what I recommended. lol
#6Bubbagump(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 7:17:47 PM
Oddly enough the first thing I did was reformat and try to do a factory reset. After that the shenanigans started. It's all good though! Thanks nonetheless.
---
#7gameG3ni3Posted 5/16/2013 7:21:42 PM
Glad to hear you got it runnin'!
---
("+[__]::") = love
#8Bubbagump(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 7:29:09 PM
Yeah. I cleared the first level of NSMB Wii U, did some archery in the Zelda game in Nintendo Land, and did some of Transformers Prime (only bought the game cause I loved the show. I didn't expect too much but it was still pretty decent!) Overall I'm really enjoying my purchase. I mean, as long as you do your research and know what you're getting into, there's no reason not to get some fun out of this system. There may be a slight drought now but I have more than enough to tide me over until the eventual Marios and Zeldas come out.
---