EX-Fans/Wiiu Future and more.

#11QlJGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 8:01:23 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
QlJGamer posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
But getting all the best games on one system (U).

The new systems will be overpowered compared to the Wii U and those games won't be able to be easily ported to the Wii U because of the power difference, and ultimately the consumer wouldn't have a real justification to buy the inferior versions unless he only owned the Wii U. At best, the Wii U might get some future 360 / PS3 titles released while the new systems take over, like how a lot of games on the Wii were PS2 games while the 360 / PS3 got vastly different products.

The only real reason to own a Nintendo system any more is first party games. There was a time when that was not the case, but that ship sailed decades ago. Not to mention that all these third parties basically said they're not developing for the Wii U also reinforced that fact. So long as the best games you want are first party titles, the Wii U is the proper choice. Otherwise, slim pickings...

When I say the best games. I mean getting all of the good games on the U. instead spending money on a second console. I could care less if the U version of a multi-plats is worse than another system because at the end of the day, its neither a good game or a bad game. I do not need the best version of a game if I did i would of went PC route a long time ago. I understand that the PS4 and Xbox 720 (I wish there was official name already) are suppose to be more powerful systems, But that doesn't always guarantee the best version of a game. hence the PS3 and 360 version of games.

I'm saying you're not even going to get ports after the PS3 and 360 die down.

I dont see the 70 million PS3 and 360 dying down anytime soon.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#12gameG3ni3Posted 5/16/2013 8:03:18 PM
QlJGamer posted...
Is it me or does Nintendo have the larger number of ex-fans. How many times have you heard the following "I love Nintendo, I grow up with Nintendo Blah Blah Blah" Then they go on to say why Nintendo going to fail and Wii U is going to be discontinued. As a real Fan of Nintendo I sick of all the disappointment. Not from Nintendo but from their so-called fans all of these converted xbox and PS fanboys. Need to seriously let Nintendo go. Nintendo is the SAME company it was 20 years ago. No Nintendo doesn't need to "grow-up" or be with the times. I say let Nintendo be Nintendo and if you don't like it, you know where the door is.

Nintendo has HIT success with being vastly different and costing trends. Gimmicks are keeping Nintendo afloat. Why haven't people gotten it yet? Nintendo be doing gimmicks on their hardware since the beginning! But instead of doing the same gimmick of "Graphics" Nintendo is changing the gameplay. Say what you want about the Wii, but it ushered in a lot of new gamers. We have fitness games now and dance games.

Things I want to see with the U. New genres to hit consoles like more stragetgy games and MMOs. I want the U to get andriod/IOS games also. The U needs to enter every field of gaming. Casual space, PC games and mobile games. And the system is more than capable of doing this. People act like this is Nintendo first rodeo? The U is just enough powerful enough to destroy the PlayStation 4 & NextBox.

This Generation will be the first I will am plan on going one system (this can change). But now that I am 19 and buying my own games and systems I dont see myself buying another console. But getting all the best games on one system (U).

+1
---
("+[__]::") = love
#13NovaLevossidaPosted 5/16/2013 8:08:24 PM(edited)
QlJGamer posted...

That's a nice outlook for the near future. Unfortunately, the last generation lasted 7 years, and you know where you're going to be in a couple of years, same deal as the Wii. Good first party games, need to have a different console for third party titles.

Edit: And while I'm thinking on it, this nice outlook all depends on developers actually developing for the Wii U. Which, currently, no one but Sega really wants to. So, again, it seems nice, but in practice, not so much.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance. The guilty pay the price.
"I cast Dia, then I strike." - A Final Fantasy XI Warrior / White Mage
#14QlJGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 1:35:04 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
QlJGamer posted...

That's a nice outlook for the near future. Unfortunately, the last generation lasted 7 years, and you know where you're going to be in a couple of years, same deal as the Wii. Good first party games, need to have a different console for third party titles.

Edit: And while I'm thinking on it, this nice outlook all depends on developers actually developing for the Wii U. Which, currently, no one but Sega really wants to. So, again, it seems nice, but in practice, not so much.

I think the U is going to hold down the the fort for me. Most of the third parties I want are coming to the system.. 2K and Ubisoft seem to supporting so I am good at the moment. And if all things fail, I will be missing a lot of games but I dont anything I really want to play. Things are different now that I am buying my own games. If it does come to the U i wont be getting it.
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#15CaliaztecPosted 5/17/2013 1:46:06 AM(edited)
QlJGamer posted...

Things I want to see with the U. New genres to hit consoles like more stragetgy games and MMOs. I want the U to get andriod/IOS games also. The U needs to enter every field of gaming. Casual space, PC games and mobile games. And the system is more than capable of doing this.

But they are not giving you or us this.... Is this the fans faults also?

Also PC games will move further from the WiiU as the next gen hits and PC elitest need to outshine consoles that well exceed the hardware of the WiiU. Nintendo made the console to only cater to their needs which is fine. Just don't expect much more like the Wii again from 3rd parties aside from a couple gems but even that could be less likely. The WiiU could be solely a Nintendo machine by next year. (Obviously not completely literally but a good majority)
---
I'm not a fanboy, I am a Gameboy. My Collection- http://postimg.org/image/9g03dkvi1/
PSN: Caliaztec 3DS Friend Code:1134-7395-5895 NNID: Caliaztec.
#16CaliaztecPosted 5/17/2013 2:10:24 AM(edited)
Also DDR is the sole boom for dance and rhythm games. Those dominated the arcades long before the Wii. Fitness/dance games started with DDR. That's why DDR is featured in thousands of school gyms across the nation.

The dance craze at home only really took off after kinect because it could recognize your body doing the moves. Wii doesn't do that. It literally cannot tell beyond which direction you are swinging the wii remote. On top of that, if you think that the wii u is long to be getting the best games down the line you are absolutely nuts. The incredible hardware of true next gen systems will deliver experiences not possible on wii u.

Knack for instance. It's assassins creed syndrome all over again. In the first one you interacted with dozens of people at once, sneaking through a crowd. That wasnt possible on wii. For a myriad of reasons and this was confirmed by developers. Knack is made of tons of pieces that all interact together in gameplay. Wii u doesn't have the horse power for 5000 pieces of interactive geometry. It's not a fun thing to admit but it is the truth.

And Nintendo is a FAR cry from the company it was 20 years ago that captured the hearts of millions. When yamauchi was in charge he was very competitive and cutting edge.

Nintendo's games were fun and family friendly because they were charming, quirky, and had well designed appeal. Now they make them with just family in mind losing more charm and quirk.

I love Nintendo. Truly, madly, deeply. I'm practicing tough love right now though. I'm angry with them because I know they can be great and they're dragging their feet doing what's easy, not whats right.

I am sorry just really getting sick of people making excuses for these companies that don't give two craps about the people that supported them before the Wii.
---
I'm not a fanboy, I am a Gameboy. My Collection- http://postimg.org/image/9g03dkvi1/
PSN: Caliaztec 3DS Friend Code:1134-7395-5895 NNID: Caliaztec.