I'm in the gray area with whole LP thing...

#1liveman789Posted 5/16/2013 8:04:32 PM
On one hand, the LPers are basically advertising Nintendo's games by LPing them...

But on the other hand, Nintendo never hired them to advertise the thing, and some people may watch an entire LP instead of buying the game...

But on the other hand, there are some LPers out there who only play Nintendo games, and are going to have to completely stop LPing or overhaul their LP theme...

But on the other hand, if another person was making money by playing my game, and I got none of the revenue, I'd be a bit upset.

I can see where Nintendo is coming from, but I can also see why some people are getting upset over it.
#2M DAMAGEPosted 5/16/2013 8:10:05 PM
I go out and I buy a wrench made by craftsman. Every time I use that wrench to make, build, or fix something, Craftsman should demand more money from me.
#3liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 8:10:45 PM
M DAMAGE posted...
I go out and I buy a wrench made by craftsman. Every time I use that wrench to make, build, or fix something, Craftsman should demand more money from me.

Because wrenches and video games are the same exact thing.
#4Baha05Posted 5/16/2013 8:10:58 PM
M DAMAGE posted...

Nope, totally not the same thing.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#5Enigma149Posted 5/16/2013 8:11:50 PM
M DAMAGE posted...

These bad analogies aren't helping your arguments.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#6Baha05Posted 5/16/2013 8:12:28 PM
Enigma149 posted...
These bad analogies aren't helping your arguments.

If anything they are making me take him less serious.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7M DAMAGEPosted 5/16/2013 8:13:48 PM(edited)
You guys are right, the analogy wasnt quite correct. According to nintendo, I should pay more to Craftsman just for allowing people to LOOK at the wrench.

Bua ha ha. Is that better?
#8Baha05Posted 5/16/2013 8:14:19 PM
M DAMAGE posted...
You guys are right, the analogy wasnt quite correct. According to nintendo, I should pay more to Craftsman just for allowing people to LOOK at the wrench.

No it's actually worse.
---
#9FlyinTonitePosted 5/16/2013 8:14:42 PM
legally lpers shouldn't make a dime benefitting from a license they don't legally own. the brand recognition increases hits and thusly they make ore money for every add that runs. nintendo is doing nothing wrong, just people want to ***** and moan about nintendo because they aren't allowed to do anything. most lpers make all of jack **** anyway so it really doesn't matter. people that do this for a living are in trouble but theyshould of gotten a job that is more secure than youtube stardom, it can fade rather quickly.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#10CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/16/2013 8:14:48 PM
M DAMAGE posted...

How about you pay me, and I'll smack you with the wrench.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656