I'm in the gray area with whole LP thing...

#11P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 5/16/2013 8:15:04 PM
Let me fix your analogy.

You buy a Craftsman wrench. You use said wrench on your tv/youtube show. Craftsman then adds advertisements to your show. You get paid for those ads and they get out more awareness.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Rayman Legends
#12Fang289Posted 5/16/2013 8:15:16 PM
You really should stop trying while you're ahead.
---
"Oh cool, I always had the hots for barney's little triceratops friend" ~manthony_Higgs
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ox61VlL61qi2j4o.gif
#13FlyinTonitePosted 5/16/2013 8:15:56 PM
pardon my spelling,grammar in my last post. my phone's keyboard is basically broken (and fudging up this post here to boot)
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#14SuperShadowAcePosted 5/16/2013 8:16:42 PM
Same but for a different reason that applies to the industry as a whole, not Nintendo.

For games with crap gameplay that just want to be movies. I just watch playthoughs of them. I did it with Bioshock Infinite and I'm going to do it with Beyond Two Souls. Is that any different then somebody uploading entire films to Youtube?
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#15M DAMAGEPosted 5/16/2013 8:17:57 PM
Pandama,

You mean craftsman would get paid?

Like I said in my other topic, i think Nintendo needs to make people pay up when family members watch you play their games at your own house. It's their IP afterall.
#16Baha05Posted 5/16/2013 8:20:05 PM
M DAMAGE posted...
Pandama,

You mean craftsman would get paid?

Like I said in my other topic, i think Nintendo needs to make people pay up when family members watch you play their games at your own house. It's their IP afterall.

Again really bad analogy.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#17BuretsuPosted 5/16/2013 8:20:51 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Let me fix your analogy.

You buy a Craftsman wrench. You use said wrench on your tv/youtube show. Craftsman then adds advertisements to your show. You get paid for those ads and they get out more awareness.

Let me fix your mistake.

You buy a Craftsman wrench. You use said wrench on your tv/youtube show. Craftsman claims that since you're using their wrench, the video should actually belong to them, along with any ad revenue that comes from it. On top of that, they also get free advertising, and you don't get a damn thing for your effort.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#18M DAMAGEPosted 5/16/2013 8:24:58 PM
Not a bad analogy at all.

It's Nintendo's IP. If I allow people to watch their IP on youtube, they demand compensation in the form of ad revenue. If I allow people to watch me play, ninty deserves more zenny or ad revenue-- even if people are watching at my own house.

I hope nintendo puts big talking cutouts of Mario with a phat mustache in everyone's house where people might watch their games. The cutout would yell "it's a me Mario! We own a your ass!"
#19Baha05Posted 5/16/2013 8:27:54 PM
M DAMAGE posted...
Not a bad analogy at all.

It's Nintendo's IP. If I allow people to watch their IP on youtube, they demand compensation in the form of ad revenue. If I allow people to watch me play, ninty deserves more zenny or ad revenue-- even if people are watching at my own house.

I hope nintendo puts big talking cutouts of Mario with a phat mustache in everyone's house where people might watch their games. The cutout would yell "it's a me Mario! We own a your ass!"

It's bad because the only ones that might actually ***** about it from LPers are the ones that are gaining money from it.

You aren't gaining money from your LPs or you aren't charging people to watch you play in real life then it's really nothing to complain about and for real life there is jack all Nintendo can do hence it's a bad analogy.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#20steerepikePosted 5/16/2013 8:28:09 PM
It's more like you bought a DVD. Then you take that DVD to a public place, and play it for all to see, and the owner of the venue pays you to show it.
---
It hurted me...