can Nintendo survive LPgate ?

#1JackTheRimmerPosted 5/16/2013 9:24:53 PM
or will the backlash be too much ?
#2SagadegoPosted 5/16/2013 9:26:53 PM
JackTheRimmer posted...
or will the backlash be too much ?

will JackThe Grimmer stop making awful topics or do we have to Force him to stop?
---
Now Playing:
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon(3ds) Metroid Prime(GC) Naruto UNS 2 (ps3) Wario Ware smooth moves(wii)
#3UmitenchoPosted 5/16/2013 9:27:01 PM
Could be worse. They could be just using their full legal rights and have all YT videos with a certain amount of Nintendo content closed down.
#4KaiserWarriorPosted 5/16/2013 9:28:23 PM
Umitencho posted...
Could be worse. They could be just using their full legal rights and have all YT videos with a certain amount of Nintendo content closed down.

They could do that. It would be financial suicide, and is thus something they will never do as long as competent business people are in charge. But they could.
#5M DAMAGEPosted 5/16/2013 9:28:41 PM
What they are doing now is worse than straight deleting the vids.
#6laxnd23Posted 5/16/2013 9:29:07 PM
Umitencho posted...

Doing that would garner so much negative publicity from them online that they would take a financial beating.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#7FlyinTonitePosted 5/16/2013 9:30:19 PM
lpgate as you call it should of never happened. people are confusing profession with hobby and muddling the legalities about the whole issue. luckily ignorance is bliss as this firestorm is nothing more than whiny brats wanting money for profiting off a property they don't own (which btw is illegal)
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#8KaiserWarriorPosted 5/16/2013 9:33:20 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
lpgate as you call it should of never happened. people are confusing profession with hobby and muddling the legalities about the whole issue. luckily ignorance is bliss as this firestorm is nothing more than whiny brats wanting money for profiting off a property they don't own (which btw is illegal)

Fair Use, as the entire point of the LP format is the commentary and/or edited-in features (depending on individual level of suck at making LP videos).

If it was something they (or any of the gaming megacorps) stood even a ghost of a chance of winning in a court case, they'd have already sued people for it. The fact that none of them has, not even EA and Activision, should tell you something.
#9FlyinTonitePosted 5/16/2013 9:37:10 PM
KaiserWarrior posted...
FlyinTonite posted...

Fair Use, as the entire point of the LP format is the commentary and/or edited-in features (depending on individual level of suck at making LP videos).

If it was something they (or any of the gaming megacorps) stood even a ghost of a chance of winning in a court case, they'd have already sued people for it. The fact that none of them has, not even EA and Activision, should tell you something.

i respect your opinion, but i will unfortunately have to disagree with you.

but no need to start a petty arguement fellow poster, there has been enough arguing on this today. :)
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#10BuretsuPosted 5/16/2013 9:41:59 PM
Umitencho posted...

Why would they do that, when they can just claim the videos as theirs, make free money, and still have people support what they're doing?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit