Is Nintendo robbing gamers now?

#1HeroicSomaCruzPosted 5/17/2013 1:47:59 AM
http://ars.to/19AEeEY

Please tell me this isn't actually true. I got an Elgato Game Capture HD a month ago and just started capturing games lately.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ckb9ykw
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg
#2squatch22Posted 5/17/2013 1:54:04 AM
Nope. Nintendo hasn't taken the videos off YouTube.
And we have already had plenty of topics about this...
---
Nintendo stock: 11,340 - Sony stock: 2,082
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#3gfaqsterPosted 5/17/2013 1:55:31 AM
hurrr hurrr i r teh butthurtz xD

Oh I'm gonna go film myself watching movies like Star Trek or Fast Furious 6 and upload them to youtube and profit from these videos I make!

Oh wait the studious that MADE AND OWN these movies don't want me to make money and show off their movies?

How is this possible O_O

lol entitled gamers are hilarious.
you can still upload the videos BUT you can't make ANY money off them because the content in the videos is footage from Nintendo games which Nintendo owns and they should get money for their property.

so you don't make money but Nintendo does.
You STILL get to upload the videos though.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#4trainer2689Posted 5/17/2013 1:56:16 AM
If anything Nintendo is screwing themselves. There will be less LPs of Nintendo games, and then they don't get money from their ads or the free advertising LPers used to provide them. It's a pretty poor move.
#5HeroicSomaCruz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 1:58:27 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, apparently Nintendo's broke, so they're stealing from gamers and making money the wrong way. Their precious Wii U flopped because they can't advertise it properly...I mean it has nothing going for it in the first place. They knew they f***ed up by not making it PS4/720 level and know it will be the inevitable, early end for the system when not even the casuals will buy it.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ckb9ykw
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg
#6gfaqsterPosted 5/17/2013 2:02:12 AM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, apparently Nintendo's broke, so they're stealing from gamers and making money the wrong way. Their precious Wii U flopped because they can't advertise it properly...I mean it has nothing going for it in the first place. They knew they f***ed up by not making it PS4/720 level and know it will be the inevitable, early end for the system when not even the casuals will buy it.

wow all you trolls sound the same.
Do you guys copypaste from the wii u troll textbook?

why are you here complaining?
just go.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#7GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 5/17/2013 2:02:59 AM
trainer2689 posted...
If anything Nintendo is screwing themselves. There will be less LPs of Nintendo games, and then they don't get money from their ads or the free advertising LPers used to provide them. It's a pretty poor move.

While I will say nintendo is pretty inept these days, they do know how to make money and milk something.

Pretty sure they had all their miserly analysts crunch the numbers and realized they aren't losing anything by forcefully taking profits that LPers think they are somehow entitled to.

Heres copyrights 101 folks: if a company hasn't hired you to promote their product, and isn't paying you to, and hasn't given you permission to, they don't give a damn about your feels or if you think you're helping them as a selfishly entitled rationalization to monetize their works and illegally profit from their intellectual properties.

The LP communities argument and rationalization is childish at best and doesn't remotely hold up in the face of reality and the law, period. They got told and now they have to suck it up and deal with it.

I'm sure all the LP morons that were in it for the money will start drying up, and golly gee I dunno what I'll do without their obnoxious excuse for content on youtube anymore. Really gonna lose some sleep over that one. Oh the humanity.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#8GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 5/17/2013 2:07:06 AM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...

>stealing from gamers
>making money the wrong way

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

You don't know anything about the law, intellectual properties or copyright law, do you?

Its the ****ing gamers stealing from Nintendo and making money the wrong way, because they are monetizing copyrighted works without giving royalties to nintendo, without having the copyright holders permission or purchasing a license for the content.

Goddamn do they teach anything in schools these days? Anyone with half a brain knows you can't just take a copyrighted work and monetize it for personal profit 'just because' and make up your own rules for what fair use means. And thats what all these idiotic LP morons did. And now they got told and the jig is up. Too bad, so sad. Boo hoo.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#9trainer2689Posted 5/17/2013 2:08:05 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
trainer2689 posted...

While I will say nintendo is pretty inept these days, they do know how to make money and milk something.

Pretty sure they had all their miserly analysts crunch the numbers and realized they aren't losing anything by forcefully taking profits that LPers think they are somehow entitled to.

Heres copyrights 101 folks: if a company hasn't hired you to promote their product, and isn't paying you to, and hasn't given you permission to, they don't give a damn about your feels or if you think you're helping them as a selfishly entitled rationalization to monetize their works and illegally profit from their intellectual properties.

The LP communities argument and rationalization is childish at best and doesn't remotely hold up in the face of reality and the law, period. They got told and now they have to suck it up and deal with it.

I'm sure all the LP morons that were in it for the money will start drying up, and golly gee I dunno what I'll do without their obnoxious excuse for content on youtube anymore. Really gonna lose some sleep over that one. Oh the humanity.

Or ya know, they'll do content of non-Nintendo material. There's no way this ends well for Nintendo. It will impact some Lets Players, but there are plenty of games from other developers/publishers that are willing to accept free advertising.
#10Golden MavenPosted 5/17/2013 2:12:39 AM(edited)
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

I agree that they are indirectly profiting off someone else's work, but it's not like uploading a movie. Watching a walkthrough is basically just a preview, it doesn't replace owning the game.

I think walkthroughs can be great marketing tools, I myself use them all the time to evaluate purchases. Sometimes they sell the game to me, sometimes they don't. Walkthroughs replaced renting for me.

Let's put it this way - how does it harm Nintendo to have people uploading walkthrough videos?