No reason physical New Luigi can't be released same time as the download.

#1crazybotPosted 5/17/2013 7:48:38 AM
Like the fact that a physical copy was announced, but it's lame that it isn't coming for over a month after the download. You'd think they'd be wanting anything of value at retail as fast as they could. Guess I'll play other stuff till it arrives. Physical all the way..probably be collectable at some point...
#2KaiRyusakiPosted 5/17/2013 7:49:27 AM
more dollar signs comes from digital distribution dude d words

i det dou dat's da deason dis is dappening
#3DarkAdonis123Posted 5/17/2013 8:15:34 AM(edited)
Over a month? June 20th for digital and August 25th for retail. That's 2 months.

EDIT: I see now that the physical release is in July for UK.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#4YoyokuKOPosted 5/17/2013 7:50:51 AM
except for, you know,
manufacturing the disc
#5rafiiillaPosted 5/17/2013 7:52:09 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
except for, you know,
manufacturing the disc

and distribution
---
NNID: rafiiilla
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk3xxrWmyk1qj8d3jo1_500.gif
#6pikachupwnagePosted 5/17/2013 7:52:12 AM
It takes time to print copies and ship them to stores? Once the game is done it won't take much effort to put it on eshop compared to in stores,
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#7Virus66Posted 5/17/2013 7:53:13 AM
Plus, they have to add more to the disc than the download, seeing as it won't borrow from Mario U.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#8lt519Posted 5/17/2013 7:53:53 AM
rafiiilla posted...
YoyokuKO posted...
except for, you know,
manufacturing the disc

and distribution

Last of Us finished a day or two ago and won't be available in retail til June. Some people seriously have no clue.
#9EoinPosted 5/17/2013 8:01:59 AM
Virus66 posted...
Plus, they have to add more to the disc than the download, seeing as it won't borrow from Mario U.

There's several reasons why producing a disc version takes longer than producing a downloadable version, but this isn't one of them. It doesn't take any appreciable amount of time to ensure that that content is on the disc.
#10Schwepps01Posted 5/17/2013 8:03:52 AM
Eoin posted...
Virus66 posted...

There's several reasons why producing a disc version takes longer than producing a downloadable version, but this isn't one of them. It doesn't take any appreciable amount of time to ensure that that content is on the disc.

Nor does it take $10 extra of work....
---