"Nintendo is cannibalizing the industry!" vs. "Nintendo has no 3rd party games!"

#1G1ingyPosted 5/17/2013 12:35:14 PM
......so which is it?
#2wombatkiddPosted 5/17/2013 12:37:51 PM
G1ingy posted...
......so which is it?

It's Schrödinger's thread. We can't be sure which it is until we open the box and see how many exclusives the wii u is getting.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 5/17/2013 12:39:47 PM
Essentially, it amounts to "Nintendo has no [3rd Party] games, therefore they shouldn't."
#4UmitenchoPosted 5/17/2013 12:40:36 PM
This is an example of the cat-22 Nintendo is in with the WiiU.

People say WiiU needs more exclusives, WiiU gets those exclusives, people get mad that WiiU is getting exclusives.
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/17/2013 12:41:17 PM
It's whatever will give them the attention they so crave.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#61shadetail1Posted 5/17/2013 12:41:19 PM
What does "cannibalizing the industry" even mean, anyway? I've seen folks throwing that phrase around, but they never explain what they're talking about.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#7Schwepps01Posted 5/17/2013 12:42:25 PM
Let me put it this way in a way most of the 13 year olds and manchildren can understand it, with their most touchy subject. Let's say Pokemon was made by a 3rd party. Now let's say for whatever reason they decide they're going to start making games for the PS3 instead. It's a terrible idea in the same way putting Bayonetta on another console. Nobody is going to buy a PS3 just for one Pokemon game, so at the same time, the fans are being robbed of their game series. The games would do miserably on a PS3--different audience, target market, etc.

This is exactly the same as Wii U getting certain games that just would be better off on other consoles.
---
#8wombatkiddPosted 5/17/2013 12:42:42 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
What does "cannibalizing the industry" even mean, anyway? I've seen folks throwing that phrase around, but they never explain what they're talking about.

Well, govn'a. It means "taking exclusive games from companaies that deserve them," by gum.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#9Schwepps01Posted 5/17/2013 12:44:09 PM
Umitencho posted...
This is an example of the cat-22 Nintendo is in with the WiiU.

People say WiiU needs more exclusives, WiiU gets those exclusives, people get mad that WiiU is getting exclusives.

People want Wii U's own exclusives. Nobody wants multiplatform games/hardcore games stolen from other consoles. People want the Wii U to be its own animal. If I wanted GTA and Dead Space and the like, I'm NOT going to buy a Wii U, and these sorts of games do not belong on the system unless they're going to specifically tailor it to the controller.
---
#10pokemega32Posted 5/17/2013 12:44:18 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
This is exactly the same as Wii U getting certain games that just would be better off on other consoles.

Sonic has had numerous Nintendo-exclusive games in the past.

How is this any different?
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.