"Nintendo is cannibalizing the industry!" vs. "Nintendo has no 3rd party games!"

#21Jack_the_monke7Posted 5/17/2013 2:24:09 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
Umitencho posted...
This is an example of the cat-22 Nintendo is in with the WiiU.

People say WiiU needs more exclusives, WiiU gets those exclusives, people get mad that WiiU is getting exclusives.

People want Wii U's own exclusives. Nobody wants multiplatform games/hardcore games stolen from other consoles. People want the Wii U to be its own animal. If I wanted GTA and Dead Space and the like, I'm NOT going to buy a Wii U, and these sorts of games do not belong on the system unless they're going to specifically tailor it to the controller.

Only because they aren't on Wii U. Your logic makes 0 sense. Are you trying to say multiplatform games shouldn't exist?? You argue that a console needs a unique library and you wouldn't buy a console for games that are on multiple consoles. Why, if they were on Wii U, wouldn't you buy Dead Space and GTA on the Wii U?? Your reasoning is that they're on other consoles. So why get it on PS3? Does the same foolish logic not apply here? What about 360? That console doesn't have a particularly strong lineup of exclusives.

You're saying we should judge a system soley on exclusives. And I'm just totally mystified as to what makes a multiplatform game worth buying on one console over another (theoretically, I realize different versions in real life havedifferent strengths/wweaknesses). It really sounds like, using your logic, multiplatform games are not worth buying on a system because they're on other systems.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#22IpsylosPosted 5/19/2013 1:26:51 AM
What I will never understand is how anyone can think certain games only belong on certain consoles. Any game can belong to any console. Many times long running series jump from console to console, be it better hardware, cheaper production, etc. I'd buy GTA for Wii if it came there, wouldn't be the first on a Nintendo console, just like I'd buy Mario if it were a Sony exclusive (albeit an odd feeling).

So kudos for Nintendo for securing more exclusives, I just hope they're good Sonic titles, perhaps a retro reboot and perhaps a new Sonic Adventure game.

Anyone whining about exclusives on a Nintendo console should just save up some dough and buy the damn thing and shut up XD $350 these days is a lot cheaper than the usual, PS3 and 360 were more expensive at launch, even Iphones and Ipads are more expensive. So price whining can't be used as an excuse XD
#23uberking422Posted 5/19/2013 1:54:22 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
Let me put it this way in a way most of the 13 year olds and manchildren can understand it, with their most touchy subject. Let's say Pokemon was made by a 3rd party. Now let's say for whatever reason they decide they're going to start making games for the PS3 instead. It's a terrible idea in the same way putting Bayonetta on another console. Nobody is going to buy a PS3 just for one Pokemon game, so at the same time, the fans are being robbed of their game series. The games would do miserably on a PS3--different audience, target market, etc.

This is exactly the same as Wii U getting certain games that just would be better off on other consoles.

You mean like how Final Fantasy did horribly when it moved to PlayStation?
#24nonexistingheroPosted 5/19/2013 2:19:57 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
Let me put it this way in a way most of the 13 year olds and manchildren can understand it, with their most touchy subject. Let's say Pokemon was made by a 3rd party. Now let's say for whatever reason they decide they're going to start making games for the PS3 instead. It's a terrible idea in the same way putting Bayonetta on another console. Nobody is going to buy a PS3 just for one Pokemon game, so at the same time, the fans are being robbed of their game series. The games would do miserably on a PS3--different audience, target market, etc.

This is exactly the same as Wii U getting certain games that just would be better off on other consoles.

No one bought a PS3 or 360 for Bayonetta. Using that same logic, no one will buy a Wii U for Bayonetta 2. What's the f***ing difference?
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#25beastwarkingPosted 5/19/2013 3:00:21 AM
I'm starting to think that this a whole image thing that is making these people upset. I really haven't been following this but from what I've read, the common thread in multiple topics is that these games simply don't feel right on a Nintendo platform. Which is stupid.

I also get the feeling that people don't think these games are going to sell very well on the Wii U and not only that, but the Wii U won't sell all that much either, even if it builds up a decent library of games. Yes, people aren't going to buy a Wii U for just Bayonetta or just Sonic. But people will be more likely to buy a Wii U when it has a large list of exclusive titles that includes Bayonetta, Sonic, and Mario. Just like I wasn't going to buy a 360 with the sole intention of playing just Halo or just Gears. I bought it show I could play thus plus games like Crackdown and Blue Dragon. I didn't hold it against MS for securing these games as exclusives and instead it gave me more incentive to buy their console. Hopefully it works out for Nintendo like it did for (early) MS
---
ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
Hail to the king, baby