Thinking about buying a WIIU, help me select games?

#1Charizard90Posted 5/17/2013 2:32:17 PM
I already decided to buy New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land.

However I also have a PS3 and i wanted to know if any of the WIIU version of this games are better than the PS3 versions...

Batman: Arkham City
Darksiders II
Injustice: Gods Among Us

So what do you guys think. should I get the PS3 or WIIU versions?

Thanks!
---
Shinies: 40 -of which- Radar shinies: 38
Pkmn Platinum: Name: Hao FC: 2965-5119-9885
#2RockD79Posted 5/17/2013 2:58:41 PM
I would say Darksiders 2 is better on the U because its easier to switch out equipment and view the map. Not sure about the other two though.

Lego City and Monster Hunter may be something that you would find interesting as well.
---
Just Finished: Lego LOTR, Currently Playing: MH3U, MW3, Super Metroid Next up: Resident Evil: Revelations
#3wugeezyPosted 5/17/2013 3:03:35 PM
If you want the trophies for the ps3 versions, I would go with those, especially if they are cheaper.

Check out the demos for monster hunter and zombi u to see if you like those.

Lego city is also pretty awesome.
#4MrBanballowPosted 5/17/2013 3:14:07 PM
RockD79 posted...
I would say Darksiders 2 is better on the U because its easier to switch out equipment and view the map. Not sure about the other two though.

I would go with PS3 personally.

I have the Wii U version, and while I love the controls, would switch to the PS3 in retrospect, seeing as the Wii U only got the one DLC Expansion (Argul's Tomb) that was included on the disc. THQ kind of left us hanging out to dry in regard to Abyssal Forge and Demon Lord Belial.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#5SocranPosted 5/17/2013 3:15:57 PM
Arkham City has more content/features than the PS3 version, runs slightly worse than PS3 (which in turn runs slightly worse than 360). Not enough worse to be significant, though.

wugeezy posted...
Check out the demos for monster hunter and zombi u to see if you like those.

Talk to the fans and watch reviews of Monster Hunter before checking the demo, though. Specifically ask them what to expect from the demo and what it doesn't show you. The demo's pretty bad at doing its job, and blindly going in could turn you off of the game even if you would've loved it.

Definitely do go through this trouble of checking out the game, though, because if it is the kind of thing you like, you'll love it.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6AaronPHughesPosted 5/17/2013 3:30:43 PM
The only games worth owning on a Wii U right now are NSMBU and Zombie U. I've heard MHU is good but I didnt care for the demo. As far as third party games go, they tend to be better on other platforms.
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#7SweetTreet4UPosted 5/17/2013 4:27:35 PM
Download Super Metroid for a super cheap price of 30c(assuming you're in US).
Easily one of the best Wii U has to offer(for now).
---
LeetCheet loves Alcazar.
We both have Asperger's Syndrome, and we aren't ashamed of it!
#8tiamat999Posted 5/17/2013 5:06:34 PM
pandoras tower
the last story
---
favorite animated shows the Venture bros, gargoyles, justice league, avengers EMH, super robot wars og the inspector, young justice, avengers assemble, ragnarok
#9digiblasterPosted 5/17/2013 5:09:36 PM
I don't know about the others, but Arkham City would (to me) be unplayable on PS3/360. Having experienced it with the GamePad acting as a map for the first time, I wouldn't be able to go back to pausing every few seconds to see where I'm going. I tried off-TV mode a couple of times (basically the PS3/360 version on the GamePad) and it was horrible.

The second screen may only be used for minor things at the moment, but in some games it makes a huge difference.

As for other games, I suggest Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. It's not for everyone, but try the demo and see what you think. There's also the obligatory NSMBU, and if you have people over at all, Nintendo Land will be an instant hit.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#10AstralFrostPosted 5/17/2013 5:17:07 PM
Wii U versions are almost always worse than last gen consoles. This has been proven repeatedly.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself