Do you think Nintendo will have Wind Waker HD ready to release this year?

#1SlimeSwayzePosted 5/18/2013 8:46:38 AM
Do you think Wind Waker HD will release in 2013? - Results (101 votes)
Yes
89.11% (90 votes)
No
10.89% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
They said it would come this year, but every Nintendo-developed game that was to release post launch has a release date that is later than expected. Do you think they'll have the same issues with Wind Wake HD, or do you think they'll have it ready in time?
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 5/18/2013 8:55:11 AM
its a port. they got oot3d out when they said they would, i don't see why this should be different
#3SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 8:59:59 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
its a port. they got oot3d out when they said they would, i don't see why this should be different

The two differences I can think of are that they are completely rebuilding the game engine (reportedly), while OoT3D was more of an upgrade to the existing engine. Also, this is a full-on HD project on hardware they are still getting used to, and we still don't know how they play to implement Gamepad support and the Miiverse.

Maybe that won't cause a delay, but they are reasons this could be different.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#4MilesTeg420Posted 5/18/2013 9:02:02 AM
I'm not sure to be honest. My gut tells me no for some reason, but I would like to be wrong.
#5HenryTouchdownPosted 5/18/2013 9:18:13 AM
It's confirmed.

Now, with OoT3D. It wasn't an upgrade to an existing engine, it was a complete remake. They actually remodeled everything in the entire game. Generating new assets =/= increasing the native resolution and flicking the "bloom" switch in your toolkit.
---
That cool Handsome Foil, who's also your twin brother.
#61shadetail1Posted 5/18/2013 9:18:51 AM
I hope so, but I'm going to wait and see.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#7ZatchBellPosted 5/18/2013 9:19:11 AM
Wind Waker HD will be a Fall release.
---
Sega Fan for Life
#8thenotsonormalPosted 5/18/2013 10:35:55 AM
ZatchBell posted...
Wind Waker HD will be a Fall release.

---
http://i.imgur.com/vTsQy.gif
#9KroganBallEaterPosted 5/18/2013 10:37:25 AM
will it be ready to release this year? yes.

will it be released this year? probably not.
#10HenryTouchdownPosted 5/18/2013 11:31:39 AM
And before anyone says it, yes, generating assets is actually expensive and time consuming, that's why companies like Atlus are loathe to do it often, like you notice how all the PS2 SMT games use the same demon models? Boom, that's half your production costs gone.

A Japanese 3D modeler in Square Enix makes around 80k USD a year, and it's rumored that the "old guard" team that works on Zelda/Mario makes around 100+k USD a year doing what they do. That being said, they're worth it if you look at the 3D models available for the first party Wii titles.

So, OoT literally making everything that was in a game again is pretty intense. It's somewhat less work because they knew exactly what they were doing(more detailed models) but it was still a rather expensive undertaking.
---
That cool Handsome Foil, who's also your twin brother.