The WII U imo really has no place, neither does nintendo in the console wars.

#81Breastmilkn_DipPosted 5/20/2013 11:55:08 AM(edited)
userfrigginame posted...
I don't like the idea. That leaves the console market with consoles that share like 90% of the same games.

suprsolider posted...
I disagree with Nintendo not having a place in the console wars.

I don't want to live in a world where Nintendo stops making consoles. But I do want Nintendo to start growing up and letting their egos go.

Totally agree with these sentiments.

darkqueenhelba posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...
Historically low sales and third party abandonment is what works?

There are other consoles that have sold far less. Your "history" is extremely limited.

(For ****'s sake.)

nuskooI posted...
Your opinion imo really has no place. Your topic is merely another insipid troll topic.

You are not unique and your topic is unoriginal. We do not need another one of these topics.

Go away.

No, I know for a fact that it's you and others of your stripe that seriously need to get a grip.

A couple of weeks back there were topics here detailing the price reductions that were taking place and, naturally, people such as yourself immediately jumped all over them and labelled the respective TCs of these topics trolls, etc, etc. But, as a direct result of said topics, I ordered and purchased an 8GB Wii U which (finally) arrived last week Thursday. It's still sealed and unopened safely stored away at work but, nonetheless, I have one now (...which will please the Nintendo Sales Figures Primadonnas of Gamefaqs with their "most sales = best games" skit no end).

Aside from game related websites and a very small handful of gaming stores, nowhere and no-one else was advertising these reductions or even talking about them in my region. So, nuskooI, the bottom-line is that those alleged 'troll' topics were infinitely more helpful to me (and Nintendo) than the arrogant presumptions of you and the other 'shining white knight' wannabes on this board/site.
-
--
---
lysa-tully.nom
#82nuskooIPosted 5/20/2013 11:58:07 AM
Blaze3244 posted...
I am personally not rooting for the WiiU to fail but I do believe that Nintendo would be better off just making handhelds. Think of Zelda on the Ps4 or 720! That would be awesome!

Ew no, bite on your tongue!

Know what the PS and Xbox would do to them? They would turn Zelda into a FPS, along with all the other Nintendo franchises, it would be ruined. That is most disgusting to think about. Nintendo games would be linear, full of QTEs, and they'd be interactive movies. No freaking way.

Rasputin77 posted...
In the HOME console wars... they might have actually lost their footing, TC. I do see your point. And now, it's time for some pissy user to call you a name and say you're wrong for having an opinion.

When you're grown up enough to realize that you don't speak for everyone, (or can't rely on weak catchphrases like "kid" to prove a point), get back to us.

And way to stick around and bump a thread you didn't think should exist... lol, f***ing brilliant.

It does not matter since this board is full of these cloned troll topics. How many of these same exact troll topics exist on this board, eh? The moderators need to clean you trolls off this board.

Not merely wrong for having an opinion, but wrong for having a stupid opinion that has no basis in reality. You should go away too, troll.

Haeravon posted...
"Too bad for InteractiveMovieShooterStation3/4 and InteractiveMovieShooterNoGamesBox360/3 that they don't have any games nearly as great as Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc. If I were you, I would also be sad if I was a little unhappy troll that made asinine topics."

Translation: Microsoft and Sony only have shooters which all play and look the same, you're all such ________ for playing the same old crap over and over again. It's nowhere near as good as Nintendo's franchises, which us Nintendo fans have been playing over and over again since the mid 1980's.

I can't talk for everybody, of course, but my favorite games on the Xbox 360/PS3 (I have both, because they're real consoles, with innovative games, gripping stories, and good graphics) include: Gears of War, Bioshock, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Uncharted (all three), Borderlands (1&2), Assassin's Creed 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age, the Witcher 2 and Far Cry 3. A few FPS games there, but hardly the entire llst.

Oh, but no, you're right. The Wii was far more innovative-it had all those games plus a bunch of deep, sophisticated games that were totally not just gimmicks based on the motion controls, and I'm sure the Wii-U will do just fine once the PS4 and neXtBox launch. I mean, it's doing great already-it's outselling the Vita! Once the powerful new systems with their awesome graphics and adult stories come out, everybody will realize how shallow graphical improvements are, and how mature games are boring. Zelda and Mario are, and always have been, infinitely better than all the new IPs made in the last 30 years.

Nice try

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4797/rehash2.jpg

The 3DS sold horribly too at first, troll. Your pure ignorance blocks your mind from seeing that it takes a long time for console launches to pick up steam. Why the hell do you think it took a few years for the PS3 to pick up steam? The PS3 sucked so badly at first and was ridiculed for years and years. "No games" "Giant enemy crabs" "$599 US Dollars" "Giant enemy crabs", etc. You trolls have a short memory. The Xbox 'No Games' 720 and the next Shooterstation are going to have slow launches as well. You gonna cry when that happens?
---
It opens doors. Doors to the pleasures of heaven or hell I do not care which.
Not a fan of the InteractiveMovieStation3. I like to play games, not movies.
#83nuskooIPosted 5/20/2013 12:08:18 PM
Haeravon posted...
I can't talk for everybody, of course, but my favorite games on the Xbox 360/PS3 (I have both, because they're real consoles, with innovative games, gripping stories, and good graphics)

What does it take for a console to be real? I own a PS3 but I am super disappointed in the game library. The game library sucks hard compared to the PS and PS2 game libraries. Hardly any good JRPGs and no proper turn based JRPGs anymore. I do play my PS3, but I am disappointed in it compared to previous gens.

If I wanted a story I would read A Song of Ice and Fire or watch a movie. I play games to play games, get stories out of my ****ing game, NAO!

Innovative games? Pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew pew. PS3 and 360 have the most anti-innovative games ever.

Haeravon posted...
Gears of War - sucky generic TPS
Bioshock - pretentious generic FPS
Fallout 3 - ok aside from buggy
Skyrim - ok aside from buggy and bad clunky combat
Dark Souls - best game in the last 10 years
Dragon's Dogma - horrid clunky combat and super bland all around
Uncharted (all three) - horrible interactive movies. linear, QTEs, set pieces, heavily scripted events. Some of the worst trends in modern gaming
Borderlands (1&2) - sucky boring FPS
Assassin's Creed 2 - blech. clunky combat and just weird story
Batman: Arkham Asylum - overrated garbage
Dragon Age - sucks compared to the Baldur's Gate series
the Witcher 2 - dunno
Far Cry 3 - sucky FPS

Haeravon posted...
Oh, but no, you're right. The Wii was far more innovative-it had all those games plus a bunch of deep, sophisticated games that were totally not just gimmicks based on the motion controls, and I'm sure the Wii-U will do just fine once the PS4 and neXtBox launch.

That is why I am so supportive of the Wii U is because they got rid of the motion controls. Motion controls are the very worst thing to happen to gaming, but I own a Wii since there was no other way to play Nintendo games.
---
#84tigerex777Posted 5/20/2013 12:10:02 PM
Nintendo was dead to me since N64 and I've been playing Nintendo games since NES.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#85HaeravonPosted 5/20/2013 12:24:32 PM
Yep. I'm a troll, because I have an opinion that differs from yours... even though you came on this topic merely to rail against the tc, I'm the troll. I suppose the definition of troll is rather loose, but really... you're the one squealing about how every game on the Playstation and Xbox are FPS games... which means you really have no idea what their libraries consist of. Nobody would make Zelda a FPS, that's just stupid... But, if they revamped the gameplay and made it somelike more like Dragon's Dogma... well, it would be the first Zelda game since A Link to the Past that I would consider playing. Seriously, they made Metroid a FPS, and Prime was one of the best Metroid games ever made. They'd make the games linear? Like Skyrim, perhaps? Or any of the sandbox games on the Xbox 360 or Playstaion 3?

You're nothing more than a clueless Nintendo fanboy who over-simplifies the market, mocks other consoles for offering the same tired experiences, and supposes that Nintendo has some magic quality that makes them immune from your own hypocrisy. You can stay with Nintendo and Zelda/Mario, and rescue the same princess for the upteenth time, collect the same Rupees, coins, and hearts. I grew tired of it after the SNES.
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com.
#86nuskooIPosted 5/20/2013 12:47:43 PM
Haeravon posted...
Yep. I'm a troll, because I have an opinion that differs from yours... even though you came on this topic merely to rail against the tc, I'm the troll.

You are supporting an anti-Nintendo topic on the Wii U board, so that automatically makes you the troll, right there. No loose definition of troll, you guys are doing pure trolling by talking s*** about the Wii U, in this cloned topic of all the other same topics on this board. Go away. We do not want you here.

Haeravon posted...
but really... you're the one squealing about how every game on the Playstation and Xbox are FPS games... which means you really have no idea what their libraries consist of. Nobody would make Zelda a FPS, that's just stupid... But, if they revamped the gameplay and made it somelike more like Dragon's Dogma... well, it would be the first Zelda game since A Link to the Past that I would consider playing. Seriously, they made Metroid a FPS, and Prime was one of the best Metroid games ever made. They'd make the games linear? Like Skyrim, perhaps? Or any of the sandbox games on the Xbox 360 or Playstaion 3?

"Nobody would make Zelda a FPS, that's just stupid... But, if they revamped the gameplay and made it somelike more like Dragon's Dogma"

EWWWWW, GOODNESS GRACIOUS NO! (VOMITS)!!!!!!
Please don't make Zelda so bland and with clunky combat like dragon's dogma. Please never have anything to do with the video game industry since your opinion is terrible.

So, you want Metroid to be a 4 hour linear cover shooter with no puzzles, no exploration, etc.? You want it to be full of set pieces and scripted events? There's already a billion FPS exactly like that this gen, please don't ruin Metroid. You and I both know they would Call of Duty-ize it, and it wouldn't be like Skyrim.

Haeravon posted...
You're nothing more than a clueless Nintendo fanboy who over-simplifies the market, mocks other consoles for offering the same tired experiences, and supposes that Nintendo has some magic quality that makes them immune from your own hypocrisy. You can stay with Nintendo and Zelda/Mario, and rescue the same princess for the upteenth time, collect the same Rupees, coins, and hearts. I grew tired of it after the SNES.

I have been gaming since Mario. Not sick of it at all and the games are very different. (I posted a pic earlier that supports what I said)

Haeravon posted...

What the F*** is a fanboy? Oh and I own a PS3. I have played nearly all the main blockbuster AAA games (sans shooters). Guess what? They are boring. They're stupid and I am unhappy with current gen gaming. I used to buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and I used to buy Sony consoles for turn based JRPGs. Now that Sony has no proper turn based JRPGs anymore, what does it offer me? Very little.

That is my reason for being pro-Nintendo and why I hate everyone else. Now you know.

If you guys hate Nintendo so much you should go away. So now please go away, you anti-Nintendo troll.
---
#87vashtrichamPosted 5/20/2013 1:07:03 PM(edited)
nuskooI posted...
Haeravon posted...
Yep. I'm a troll, because I have an opinion that differs from yours... even though you came on this topic merely to rail against the tc, I'm the troll.

You are supporting an anti-Nintendo topic on the Wii U board, so that automatically makes you the troll, right there. No loose definition of troll, you guys are doing pure trolling by talking s*** about the Wii U, in this cloned topic of all the other same topics on this board. Go away. We do not want you here.

Haeravon posted...
but really... you're the one squealing about how every game on the Playstation and Xbox are FPS games... which means you really have no idea what their libraries consist of. Nobody would make Zelda a FPS, that's just stupid... But, if they revamped the gameplay and made it somelike more like Dragon's Dogma... well, it would be the first Zelda game since A Link to the Past that I would consider playing. Seriously, they made Metroid a FPS, and Prime was one of the best Metroid games ever made. They'd make the games linear? Like Skyrim, perhaps? Or any of the sandbox games on the Xbox 360 or Playstaion 3?

"Nobody would make Zelda a FPS, that's just stupid... But, if they revamped the gameplay and made it somelike more like Dragon's Dogma"

EWWWWW, GOODNESS GRACIOUS NO! (VOMITS)!!!!!!
Please don't make Zelda so bland and with clunky combat like dragon's dogma. Please never have anything to do with the video game industry since your opinion is terrible.

So, you want Metroid to be a 4 hour linear cover shooter with no puzzles, no exploration, etc.? You want it to be full of set pieces and scripted events? There's already a billion FPS exactly like that this gen, please don't ruin Metroid. You and I both know they would Call of Duty-ize it, and it wouldn't be like Skyrim.

Haeravon posted...

I have been gaming since Mario. Not sick of it at all and the games are very different. (I posted a pic earlier that supports what I said)

Haeravon posted...

What the F*** is a fanboy? Oh and I own a PS3. I have played nearly all the main blockbuster AAA games (sans shooters). Guess what? They are boring. They're stupid and I am unhappy with current gen gaming. I used to buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and I used to buy Sony consoles for turn based JRPGs. Now that Sony has no proper turn based JRPGs anymore, what does it offer me? Very little.

That is my reason for being pro-Nintendo and why I hate everyone else. Now you know.

If you guys hate Nintendo so much you should go away. So now please go away, you anti-Nintendo troll.

I really believe you played all AAA titles and thought they where all boring /sarcasm If you really thought they where all boring you would have stopped playing them for some time now and would have stopped waisting money. I call BS from the nintendo fanboy

---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash Sub: Shazam, Green Lantern
#88FFXIgaiaknightPosted 5/20/2013 1:02:07 PM
console wars are dumb as hell. All it is is a bunch of my stuff is better than yours and if you dont agree your a troll or a fanboy.
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight
#89art_of_the_killPosted 5/20/2013 1:04:24 PM
nuskooI posted...
Know what the PS and Xbox would do to them? They would turn Zelda into a FPS, along with all the other Nintendo franchises, it would be ruined. That is most disgusting to think about. Nintendo games would be linear, full of QTEs, and they'd be interactive movies. No freaking way.

Could you perhaps have a more stereotypical view of non-Nintendo systems?
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#90RetroFanGirlPosted 5/20/2013 1:07:00 PM
Thankfully your opinion has no real weight in the issue.
---
Hi.