Today's poll lacks a "not enough advertisement" option

#1RemixDeluxePosted 5/20/2013 4:53:18 AM
I think this is where the real problem stems. The people who know you got good games will buy the system but there is still a mass of people who don't know the difference with the predecessor.

Get some new ads out there, make it clear as day that its A NEW CONSOLE while also showing key points that seperate it from the Wii.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2AhnoldDoodPosted 5/20/2013 4:55:03 AM
They have the actual ads but they don't actually show them.

The last Wii U commercial I've seen on TV was one for NSMBU. But I've seen the same DKCR3D ad three times.
#3Mr_IwataPosted 5/20/2013 4:55:40 AM
If anything I would make it look like Wii as much as possible. People actually bought Wii's.
---
Please understand.
#4RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 4:56:16 AM
AhnoldDood posted...

The last Wii U commercial I've seen on TV was one for NSMBU. But I've seen the same DKCR3D ad three times.

Those commercials suck. It just shows a family playing video games without barely giving a mention to the Wii U at all. Like how can that be taken seriously.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 5/20/2013 4:59:35 AM
RemixDeluxe posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Those commercials suck. It just shows a family playing video games without barely giving a mention to the Wii U at all. Like how can that be taken seriously.

Have you even seen the ads? I know they don't air, but some of them STRESS the fact that the Wii U =/= Wii.
#6RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 5:27:46 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
RemixDeluxe posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Have you even seen the ads? I know they don't air, but some of them STRESS the fact that the Wii U =/= Wii.

I think I saw it once on TV but that was back in November. Never again since then unless I'm just watching the wrong channels that would advert them.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#7LamesyPosted 5/20/2013 5:32:34 AM
Poll is a bit silly, in that the #1 ranked answer was already Nintendo's mission statement going into Wii U. Nintendo knows that a diversified 3rd party library is the answer, it just has no friggin clue how to make that happen, apparently.