Miyamoto says "The industry has to aim itself at older people"

#1Darkside_ShadowPosted 5/20/2013 5:01:48 AM
Found this interesting interview with Miyamoto on twitter

http://www.japaninc.com/article.php?articleID=1120

Outtake for the lazy:

"But away from the groupies, Miyamoto is particularly aware that his company finds itself at a crossroads. Nintendo knows it has to grow up fast if it wants to keep its position in an industry that is no longer just about entertaining the kids. "The industry has to aim itself at older people," he says. "I know that the average gamer's age is rising and that people in their 20s have more money to spend. Nintendo is not going to avoid this trend by ignoring it."

#2DDP886Posted 5/20/2013 5:03:35 AM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
Found this interesting interview with Miyamoto on twitter

http://www.japaninc.com/article.php?articleID=1120

Outtake for the lazy:

"But away from the groupies, Miyamoto is particularly aware that his company finds itself at a crossroads. Nintendo knows it has to grow up fast if it wants to keep its position in an industry that is no longer just about entertaining the kids. "The industry has to aim itself at older people," he says. "I know that the average gamer's age is rising and that people in their 20s have more money to spend. Nintendo is not going to avoid this trend by ignoring it."

That's funny because the Nintendo target audience is probably fifteen and under
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 5/20/2013 5:05:01 AM
A 10-year-old article really has no relevance now.
#4Vyse_skiesPosted 5/20/2013 5:05:23 AM
Meh, it was always going to happen sooner or later. Even if this article was a load of bollocks, Nintendo were in shark water with the Cube. Companies like Sega and Nintendo were/are always going to struggle in the end.
---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#5Mr_IwataPosted 5/20/2013 5:07:12 AM
People in their 20's have more money to spend than the 6 year olds Nintendo usually targets with Mario and Yarn Yoshi?

Well I'm shocked.
---
Please understand.
#6Rennik RepotsirPosted 5/20/2013 5:09:17 AM
It's funny how the older groups take gaming seriously like they're still fifteen and under...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#7AhnoldDoodPosted 5/20/2013 5:10:45 AM
Oh, and TC, Twitter was made in 2006. That article's from 2003...
#8Darkside_Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 5:14:56 AM
AhnoldDood posted...

But I saw the link on twitter today. Miyamoto has come back from the past to tell us this...?

I thought it was a fun little story. And Miyamoto is saying something I agree with. Even if its ten years late.
#9zado19Posted 5/20/2013 5:18:58 AM

what if it was posted on twitter yesterday and he saw it, then decided to remind us about it???

(i dont even know how twitter works btw, maybe its just a mistake)
---
A new Mewtwo form knows no forum. This should be in the Vita forum. That's how important it is. - ADHDguitar
#10AhnoldDoodPosted 5/20/2013 5:19:46 AM
zado19 posted...

what if it was posted on twitter yesterday and he saw it, then decided to remind us about it???

(i dont even know how twitter works btw, maybe its just a mistake)

I don't use Twitter. Not into that.