Todays poll just seems mean =/

#1BottleOf_WishesPosted 5/20/2013 7:02:39 AM
Way to stay on neutral grounds, Gamefaqs. I own a Wii U, I have owned it since day 1, and I must say things like this are very off putting and upset me. I don't think the console is dying or is in terrible shape, although I admit that a lot of people were screwed over by pushed back release dates on certain games and the lack of big first party titles on launch. Think about it: if we had Zelda Wii U at launch, the console would have been doing much better.

I also think its not cool for one of the poll options to be just "Pokemon." That kind of degrades the whole company and basically tells them that they can only sell a console with one of their franchises. I know that everybody loves Pokemon, and a main game console Pokemon has been very long awaited (XD and Colosseum do not count), but I highly doubt that is going to happen. The main point to the franchise is that it is "Pocket Monsters" and the idea was for people to have a lot of things to do while on the go as they play the game on a bus or subway.

So yeah Gamefaqs, not cool. Not cool at all.
---
Sometimes your wish comes true.
#2CranberryPSOPosted 5/20/2013 7:05:27 AM
GameFAQ has had several polls worse than this one about the WiiU. This one is rather tame compared to some of the others.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#3Mr_IwataPosted 5/20/2013 7:05:42 AM
Please understand.
---
Please understand.
#4The_BoredomsPosted 5/20/2013 7:09:02 AM
Like the vast majority of text and image based websites, GameFAQs doesn't really go out of their way to cater to the blind.
#5DrumguyPosted 5/20/2013 7:12:27 AM
Mr_Iwata posted...
Please understand.

Yeah, that's a good one.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#6Rasputin77Posted 5/20/2013 7:14:58 AM
I agree... there also should have been a "But teh Mario!!1!" option.

Or... oh. Maybe I misunderstood.
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#7psprulz2007Posted 5/20/2013 7:17:26 AM
Gamefaqs poll today is a perfectly legit unbiased question. Same would be said if they switched Wii U with PSVita or PS3 when it launched. The Wii U is struggling. That's a fact. Deny it if you want. There are things/ways Nintendo can improve on the get the Wii U going in the right direction.

Don't take the poll as an insult.
---
PSN(ps3+Vita)+GT= FeelinKorny
#8ska_dude101Posted 5/20/2013 7:25:50 AM
The Wii U sold 40k units in April. If you think the Wii U doesn't need some kind of revitalization, it's time to take off the blinders.
#9GradyHooverPosted 5/20/2013 7:26:52 AM
You can argue whether the Wii U needs revitalizing, but you can't really argue that its sales need some support. So maybe they should've put in the word "sales" in the question just to clarify for those who would view it as an unfair statement *shrug*

Otherwise it's a valid question.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#10chaomaster4000Posted 5/20/2013 7:48:08 AM(edited)
GradyHoover posted...
You can argue whether the Wii U needs revitalizing, but you can't really argue that its sales need some support. So maybe they should've put in the word "sales" in the question just to clarify for those who would view it as an unfair statement *shrug*

Otherwise it's a valid question.

Pretty much this. The only problem with the poll question is that it has essentially made an ad populum argument, by equating a lack of sales with a lack of quality through the word "revitalising". The Wii U's quality is certainly debatable - I generally think it's alright, but how you could ever reach a firm conclusion on that is beyond me - but its sales are unquestionably below expectations. That shouldn't necessarily have a bearing on the quality of the console or the software, though. Popularity and quality may sometimes share a correlation, but one does not guarantee the other by any means. If popularity was a measure of quality, opera would be a fairly objectively bad form of entertainment while One Direction would be the best thing ever.
---
"Hey! Where's MY alien donkey?"