What games does EA actually develop? Aren't they mainly just a publisher?

#61Baha05Posted 5/20/2013 12:48:25 PM
most_games_r_ok posted...
...is this seriously still being discussed?

What is so hard to understand about those purchased studios being different EA teams?

It's not that the teams themselves are a part of EA now but what EA as just EA has developed, again you can still own a development team and publish for them. Kinda like every other developer big enough to buy teams.

Sure they own those teams but generally unless the teams are either defunct or have merged to create a whole new studio, teams like Bioware are still basically Bioware, making Bioware games. Which is my point and which is why the question is a valid one.

Had to look it up too but EA does have some series that they themselves as EA has made. Hell the Godfather the video game was made by EA
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#62most_games_r_okPosted 5/20/2013 1:07:02 PM
It's not that the teams themselves are a part of EA now but what EA as just EA has developed, again you can still own a development team and publish for them. Kinda like every other developer big enough to buy teams.

Sure they own those teams but generally unless the teams are either defunct or have merged to create a whole new studio, teams like Bioware are still basically Bioware, making Bioware games. Which is my point and which is why the question is a valid one.

Had to look it up too but EA does have some series that they themselves as EA has made. Hell the Godfather the video game was made by EA

No no no!

When Bioware was purchasd by EA, it became EA studio#____. EA just decided to keep the name Bioware
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Micer101.png
#63Baha05Posted 5/20/2013 1:10:50 PM
most_games_r_ok posted...
No no no!

When Bioware was purchasd by EA, it became EA studio#____. EA just decided to keep the name Bioware

But it's still Bioware, unless they lost a lot of members of the originsl team it's still creating Bioware titles is it not?

Besides this is something they aquired anyhow, what original EA titles does EA develop is the question. And i've found things, Pretty much all their sports titles, Dead Space is 1000% EA.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#64Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/20/2013 1:53:12 PM
Baha have you ever admitted to being wrong? You have like 8 people trying to educate on a subject you clearly know very little about.

Besides this is something they aquired anyhow, what original EA titles does EA develop is the question.

No, the question was "what games does EA make?" You changing his question to suit your failing argument is not going to help.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#65LifelessBoyPosted 5/20/2013 2:02:44 PM
ITT: Baha and squatch stubborn 4life (even though the have been debunked and proved wrong like 7 times)

Awesome.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko - DayZ: Daniel
#66Baha05Posted 5/20/2013 3:03:50 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Baha have you ever admitted to being wrong? You have like 8 people trying to educate on a subject you clearly know very little about.

Besides this is something they aquired anyhow, what original EA titles does EA develop is the question.

No, the question was "what games does EA make?" You changing his question to suit your failing argument is not going to help.

Yeah I have admitted to being wrong but this is one of those questions that no one should have to be wrong about.

And MY question was what does EA Develop themselves, just basic EA, no acquired companies. And guess what? No one has answered that question.
---