Can we put things into perspective....

#1dart246Posted 5/20/2013 10:24:28 AM
(Warning: Repost with some edits to appease mods)

Just looking at the trends of this board....

Originally: The Wii U is selling amazingly, better than any system has in the past except the Wii U.
Now that the sales are less than than any system: It's just having a hard time it'll come back in time.

Originally: The Wii U is getting great support, it's getting amazing games like Mass Effect 3, Darksiders II, Black Ops 2, etc... Nintendo has learned from their mistakes
Now that EA has said they will not be making Wii U games: We don't need that trash on our system.

Originally: These games are going to show Nintendo is going to aim for the hardcore again.
Now: We're not their key demographic, we don't need that trash anyways.

Originally: It's the third party developers fault we aren't getting Wii U games.
Then after the first wave of games don't sell well...at all: It's because the games were late ports and everyone had them already.
Now that Lego City and Injustice are out at the "proper" time and do poorly in sales: It'll pick up and EA will come crawling back.

Originally: It's a rocky now, just wait til E3
Then after Nintendo says there will not be a conference for them: Whatever, we don't need E3, it was going downhill anyways.
Now: Nintendo will be at E3! They're having Nintendo Directs at them!

And my favorite one:

First: We don't need that rehash EA shovelware!
Now: We're getting Sonic! Get mad! And wait til the next 3D Mario and Zelda, lolz!

Seriously....you sit here and bash sequels and EA games then talk about how awesome the new Zelda, Mario, and Smash are going to be. Am I missing something or is that no different than saying how awesome the next Battlefield, Dead Space, Sims, etc.. is, or is that because those games are "trash?"

Let's put things into perspective, the Wii U has been out for SEVEN months and is actually a worse position than when it launched. At least at launch you had people like me buying it since I wanted the newest gaming system, and now you have borderline no one buying it, with sales less than 30K.

Let's also be serious here and stop comparing it to the 3DS and going "look how the 3DS started and see it now!?" This isn't the 3DS. The 3DS launched in a time when the only competition was the PSP and now Vita, the iPod Touch was gaining traction and in its infancy but wasn't the smash hit you see now with everyone and their mother, literally, having one. This is a home system that has to compete with the Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Playstation 4 when it is launched, and the next Xbox when it launches. It doesn't have the luxury of sitting there and raking it in with its "unique" gameplay experience, an experience most people think is just a controller for the original Wii (great job there Nintendo marketing).

But then again, the Wii U was beating the Vita....that's something to be proud about right? Beating a handheld that costs as much as a full blown system and really isn't going to be integrated into the Playstation ecosystem until the PS4 with its universal remote play (as all games will have remote play without the need of developers adjusting for it); but yeah let's allow Nintendo to have that victory.

Seriously guys.....seriously....

I understand you want your console to "win" and you want it to come out swinging but so far it's tripped and is getting picked last for almost everything. It has a lackluster online system (your purchases and content are system bound for ****s sake) and everything that has come out over the last seven months has been: "Just wait..."

It's been over seven months, how much longer do you want people to wait with the PS4 and the next Xbox on the horizon?
---
PSN: VisperCon
Recently sold: Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Metroid Trilogy.
#2dart246(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 10:56:28 AM
Why is it that when a post has facts and correct information in it that can be debated civilly it's ignored but posts of "LOLZ DA WII U IS TERRIBAD" hit over 100?
---
#3BuretsuPosted 5/20/2013 10:57:52 AM
dart246 posted...
Why is it that when a post has facts and correct information in it that can be debated civilly it's ignored but posts of "LOLZ DA WII U IS TERRIBAD" hit over 100?

By that logic this topic should have over 100 posts in it. Just saying.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4dart246(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 10:59:37 AM
Buretsu posted...
dart246 posted...

Please then, inform what is exactly incorrect in my observations?

This is the point of the topic. All you came in to say was "This is a bad topic."
---
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/20/2013 11:02:04 AM
dart246 posted...
Buretsu posted...
dart246 posted...

Please then, inform what is exactly incorrect in my observations?

This is the point of the topic. All you came in to say was "This is a bad topic."

Gross generalizations and strawmen.

That is all, and that is all this thread is.

The end.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#6picanoPosted 5/20/2013 11:02:51 AM
Three reasons:
1) TL;DR : Your post is long and relatively well written --- something that isn't appreciated on most of the internet.
2) It isn't as inflammatory and thus not prone to knee-jerk posting (which is most of the board, trolls and non)
3) Those that do read it don't really care to respond; likely because they are smart enough not to care too much what others think.

That said, you should really change your sig if you wish to be taken seriously. Saying 'recently sold' does nothing but mark you as a troll -- especially since all your posts are anti-Nintendo. You can be critical of the company without resorting to petty stuff like that.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#7betterboulderPosted 5/20/2013 11:08:22 AM(edited)
While I don't want to say that the Wii U and/or Nintendo as a whole is dead; I do think it's very difficult to have a logical view when it comes to a >$300 purchase. I agree with every point you've made but a majority of Wii U fans will not. Everybody wants roses, nobody wants the thorns.
---
I don't get worried. I get punchy!
PSN/XBL: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
#8sunK1DPosted 5/20/2013 11:03:49 AM
Fanboys will avoid commenting on this thread like the plague.
---
Real life Claire Redfield, where are you?
#9BuretsuPosted 5/20/2013 11:05:21 AM
Gross mis-statements, gross over-statements, gross over-generalizations, ridiculous strawmen, agressive attitude, crappy topic.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#10Mecha SonicPosted 5/20/2013 11:06:47 AM(edited)
[The 3DS] wasn't the smash hit you see now with everyone and their mother, literally, having one

The 3DS isn't even a smash hit now. Folks on this board seem to act like it's crazy successful, when in reality, it's been a consistent disappointment for Nintendo ever since it came out. The thing was released two years ago, and I don't think they've had a single quarter where they've hit their sales target in all that time. And they had to drop the price to boot, which is eating into their revenue.

http://www.cio.com/article/732291/Nintendo_misses_profit_goal_as_Wii_U_3DS_sales_sag
---
http://i.imgur.com/JTBw9MJ.png