Why do people post Nintendoomed topics/posts knowing that theres no AAA Nintendo

#1DG1upPosted 5/20/2013 1:56:25 PM
games out yet?

I dont have a Wii U, may get a 360 within the next few months and If i have the money will probably upgrade to the next Xbox next year before I get a Wii U, but I dont get it why people are making themselves get into this state where they're already digging Nintendo's grave when there are no AAA games on it yet.

Nintendo hasnt even gotten started on the Wii U. IMO it's almost close to trolling to just ignore that fact and go into Nintendoomed monologues.

That's not to say that the Wii U will do as well as the Wii and DS have done, but knowing the fact that there hasnt even been one AAA franchise from Nintendo yet, I'll give the Wii U a chance. If you're not going to then why waste time posting on the Wii U board?

Another thing. The Wii and DS together have sold 250 Million units. Think about that for a minute. The Wii U isnt going anywhere if you're willing to do the math to see how much money that is for Nintendo. They can afford to have a few failures and financially they'd still be ok. Another reason why these Nintendoomed threads/posts are almost idiotic IMO.
#2Baha05Posted 5/20/2013 1:57:27 PM
Because people have been saying Nintendoom since the SNES?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3knightimexPosted 5/20/2013 2:04:58 PM
Wait you don't have an Xbox 360 yet!?!
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
XBL, PSN, NNID: KnightimeX
#4DG1up(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 2:05:36 PM
Baha05 posted...
Because people have been saying Nintendoom since the SNES?

True, but even with the N64 and GC there were valid enough arguments IMO. The N64 staying with carts instead of discs and the GC having mini disks and damn near no online presence while the PS2 and Xbox's main features were the online services, were all valid arguments to be in a Nintendoom state.

However, the Wii U is just starting out. There are no big time franchises coming from Nintendo yet, they're probably holding out until the competition's consoles come out. Nintendo are actually making somewhat of an effort to have an online presence and even though their system will be overpowered technologically by the PS4 and Xbox, the power of a system has never won a console war, so the people who believe that it even matters are just kidding themselves.

If you hate Nintendo that bad to not even give the Wii U a chance then you shouldnt even be posting here.
#5Golden MavenPosted 5/20/2013 2:07:09 PM
Wow, the TC is so reasonable. He certainly won't be ruffling any feathers around here.
#6DG1up(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 2:07:32 PM
knightimex posted...
Wait you don't have an Xbox 360 yet!?!

I have a 360 in my house, but I still have an SDTV in my room and the Xbox in the house only has HDMI cables for it. Also, that Xbox is used heavily by other people in my house.

I have a 360 profile, had Xbox live Gold, but I'll save up some money to get me a 360 for my room in the next few months.
#7Beatperson14Posted 5/20/2013 2:09:53 PM
Uh... Mario dude
#8Wekos1187Posted 5/20/2013 2:19:11 PM
Because they are pissed that there are no AAA games out yet.
#9PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/20/2013 2:21:01 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Wow, the TC is so reasonable. He certainly won't be ruffling any feathers around here.

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#10GoIrish80Posted 5/20/2013 2:25:12 PM
It's an interesting statement to make, that there aren't any "AAA" games out for the Wii U when there is a Super Mario Bros game. No matter how you try to spin that, it's not a good statement to make for Nintendo.

Anyway, I'm not saying the Wii U isn't going to recover when it gets games like Zelda, Pokemon, Mario Kart, etc, but that's part of the problem. 6+ months into the systems release, there SHOULD be a "AAA" title from them available. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the best Wii U game available by far and it's certainly a niche title. I love the game, but I understand it's not for everyone.

They didn't need the heavy hitters at the same time the PS4/Xbox are releasing, they needed them during this timeframe. Nintendo will survive, but this hasn't been a good console strategy for them to this point.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2