Why do people post Nintendoomed topics/posts knowing that theres no AAA Nintendo

#11DG1up(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 3:00:15 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
It's an interesting statement to make, that there aren't any "AAA" games out for the Wii U when there is a Super Mario Bros game. No matter how you try to spin that, it's not a good statement to make for Nintendo.

Anyway, I'm not saying the Wii U isn't going to recover when it gets games like Zelda, Pokemon, Mario Kart, etc, but that's part of the problem. 6+ months into the systems release, there SHOULD be a "AAA" title from them available. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the best Wii U game available by far and it's certainly a niche title. I love the game, but I understand it's not for everyone.

They didn't need the heavy hitters at the same time the PS4/Xbox are releasing, they needed them during this timeframe. Nintendo will survive, but this hasn't been a good console strategy for them to this point.

I understand about NSMB U, but IMO that's not the same thing as a 3D Mario game for the Wii U, or a Mario Kart, SSB, Zelda, even Metroid. Sales would probably prove me wrong but I dont think most gamers would consider the NSMBs a AAA title game that sells systems.

I agree and disagree with you about the AAA games being released so far ahead of the Wii U's release. IMO if they released some of their big games when the Wii U released, sales would most likely increase but at the same time they'd probably have nothing for when the PS4 and Xbox come out, which would possibly decrease their sales. However, I do agree that at least one other AAA game should've come out for the Wii U when it came out, and then Nintendo probably wouldnt have been in the position theyre in right now in terms of raw sales figures.
#12Who_Dat504Posted 5/20/2013 3:20:54 PM
DG1up posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
It's an interesting statement to make, that there aren't any "AAA" games out for the Wii U when there is a Super Mario Bros game. No matter how you try to spin that, it's not a good statement to make for Nintendo.

Anyway, I'm not saying the Wii U isn't going to recover when it gets games like Zelda, Pokemon, Mario Kart, etc, but that's part of the problem. 6+ months into the systems release, there SHOULD be a "AAA" title from them available. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the best Wii U game available by far and it's certainly a niche title. I love the game, but I understand it's not for everyone.

They didn't need the heavy hitters at the same time the PS4/Xbox are releasing, they needed them during this timeframe. Nintendo will survive, but this hasn't been a good console strategy for them to this point.

I understand about NSMB U, but IMO that's not the same thing as a 3D Mario game for the Wii U, or a Mario Kart, SSB, Zelda, even Metroid. Sales would probably prove me wrong but I dont think most gamers would consider the NSMBs a AAA title game that sells systems.

I agree and disagree with you about the AAA games being released so far ahead of the Wii U's release. IMO if they released some of their big games when the Wii U released, sales would most likely increase but at the same time they'd probably have nothing for when the PS4 and Xbox come out, which would possibly decrease their sales. However, I do agree that at least one other AAA game should've come out for the Wii U when it came out, and then Nintendo probably wouldnt have been in the position theyre in right now in terms of raw sales figures.

You do know NSMB sells more than 3d Mario and Zelda
---
Saints, LSU, and Hornets fan!
#13Rasputin77Posted 5/20/2013 3:30:45 PM(edited)
And what's the specific definition of "AAA" again?... with numbers, please?

http://tinyurl.com/n4l3yyb
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#14RyanSBHFPosted 5/20/2013 4:23:37 PM
Baha05 posted...
Because people have been saying Nintendoom since the SNES?

I actually heard my first "NintenDOOMED!" topic way back in 1990.

A classmate of mine had just received a Sega Genesis for Christmas and was bragging about how much more powerful it was compared to my NES. He claimed Nintendo could never catch up and that Sega would dominate.
#15levyjl1988Posted 5/20/2013 4:34:33 PM
The Nintendo console have been constantly disappointing me. Their console can't age well, which is the reason why Nintendo have to find alternate routes for their games to shine. ie) filter
Kirby's Epic Yarn, Legend of Zelda: SS, etc.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#16knightimexPosted 5/20/2013 4:43:36 PM
DG1up posted...
knightimex posted...
Wait you don't have an Xbox 360 yet!?!

I have a 360 in my house, but I still have an SDTV in my room and the Xbox in the house only has HDMI cables for it. Also, that Xbox is used heavily by other people in my house.

I have a 360 profile, had Xbox live Gold, but I'll save up some money to get me a 360 for my room in the next few months.

In all seriousness I personally would wait to see what Xbox 720 offers.
Maybe it might be Backwards compatible.

Why not 2 birds 1 stone? XD
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
XBL, PSN, NNID: KnightimeX