Luigi's Mansion
Metroid Prime
Pikmin
Paper Mario ttyd
Animal Crossing
Killer7
Phantasy Star Online
Viewtiful Joe

Say what you will about the GCN, these ten titles were great games. Arguably, a few of them are among the best games ever released.

Despite the GCN being regarded as one of Nintendo's worst consoles, it still delivered quality titles that more than justified itself as a system purchase.

The WiiU already has some of the above titles slated to appear and if by the end of its life cycle it has a list like this, I'd call it a success.
---
wut r u casul?
#2Suddy89Posted 5/20/2013 6:06:43 PM
I agree, Metroid Prime is my 2nd favorite game of all time (behind Metroid 3 ofc), and yeah Sunshine sucked.
---
How many pancakes does it take for a duck to put shingles on a doghouse.
#3CranberryPSOPosted 5/20/2013 6:06:47 PM
I agree with PSO GC being one of the best games ever made. I play it a lot.

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpeg/6061524aafdc8323b4ad81e41cce1cb17295b81.JPG
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#4parkourboybryanPosted 5/20/2013 6:08:18 PM
It wasn't for lack of games that it sold poorly, it's that the PS2 was cheaper and came with a DVD player, something that was quickly gaining popularity back then. Why get a system that only offers more power if the other console has more 3rd party support, is cheaper, and can play the future of movies?
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#5Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 5/20/2013 6:09:09 PM
Suddy89 posted...
I agree, Metroid Prime is my 2nd favorite game of all time (behind Metroid 3 ofc), and yeah Sunshine sucked.

It wasn't as good as 64, but sucked? Definitely not.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs.
#6cant_think2Posted 5/20/2013 6:14:45 PM
I liked the gamecube, played it a lot so this alright by me.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC 1936-8697-3913
#7parkourboybryanPosted 5/20/2013 6:16:41 PM
One more thing: While the GameCube may be seen as one of the worst Nintendo consoles from a sales standpoint, it's considered to be one of the best in terms of games. Wind Waker was great, Sunshine was great, Metroid Prime was, and still is, a pinnacle of FPS, and Melee is still fighting game perfection. Add in some great 3rd party games like RE 0, 4, and REmake, Viewtiful Joe, Sonic Adventure/2 DX's and Heroes, Soul Calibur 2, and an abundance of others, it was fantastic in terms of games.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#8userfrigginamePosted 5/20/2013 6:24:22 PM
Gamecube was my favorite console for that generation. Only thing I really liked on the PS2 was Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid.
#9RetroFanGirlPosted 5/20/2013 6:25:48 PM
4_passing_sites posted...
Wind Waker
SSBM
Luigi's Mansion
Metroid Prime
Pikmin
Paper Mario ttyd
Animal Crossing
Killer7
Phantasy Star Online
Viewtiful Joe

Say what you will about the GCN, these ten titles were great games. Arguably, a few of them are among the best games ever released.

Despite the GCN being regarded as one of Nintendo's worst consoles, it still delivered quality titles that more than justified itself as a system purchase.

The WiiU already has some of the above titles slated to appear and if by the end of its life cycle it has a list like this, I'd call it a success.

Already on other systems.
---
Hi.
#104_passing_sites(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 7:00:09 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...

Already on other systems.

And? I never mentioned a breath about all of them being exclusives. Multiplats can sell a system too ya know.
---
wut r u casul?