Should Nintendo cut its losses on Western 3rd parties and focus on Eastern ones?

#1CrystalKing5426Posted 5/20/2013 7:48:35 PM(edited)
EA's stance is obvious
2K is a lost cause
Activision and Bethesda are precarious
Valve is PC first
Ubisoft is friendly

Keep Ubisoft around, but stop trying with most of the others. Nintendo's generally on good terms with most Japanese publishers/developers (Sega, Atlus, Capcom, Platinum, Konami, SE, etc.), so maybe they should try to solely pursue more solid partnerships/exclusivity deals with them and brand itself as the Japan games console.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2KingTurtPosted 5/20/2013 7:49:30 PM
No.
#3userfrigginamePosted 5/20/2013 7:53:57 PM(edited)
Sure, I mostly played japanese-developed games on past Nintendo consoles. I think that's a good strategy to get some ppl who don't like the slow drift of Playstation to more western developers and less japanese developers.
#4YoyokuKOPosted 5/20/2013 7:53:31 PM
i'd be fine with that, but people would propely try to stone me to death if they found out.
however ubi**** can suck it.
#5CrystalKing5426(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 7:56:03 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
i'd be fine with that, but people would propely try to stone me to death if they found out.
however ubi**** can suck it.

Did they kill your family?
---
#6PokejedservoPosted 5/20/2013 8:04:33 PM
It probably would be a good idea especially considering how many and I mean many Japanese 3rd party companies are suffering a lot in recent years. Sure not every Western 3rd party is just fine but still.
---
Behind The Voice- http://behindthevoiceactors.com/
My VA Resume Site: http://pokejedservovoiceactingresume.wetpaint.com/
#7monkeyluv101Posted 5/20/2013 8:06:32 PM
I agree, I think they'd fair better with Eastern devs anyway. They've been all but abandoned by the Western devs so really not much of a choice. Really though most ppl buy Nintendo's hardware for first party, I know I do, third party multiplats for PC. A console's only as good as it's exclusives imo.
#8ImGanondorfLolPosted 5/20/2013 8:10:00 PM
This is what I thought all along but I was afraid to share my thoughts. The Japanese support isn't so bad, besides Capcom not bringining some of their bigger games.
#9CrystalKing5426(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 8:10:35 PM
monkeyluv101 posted...
I agree, I think they'd fair better with Eastern devs anyway. They've been all but abandoned by the Western devs so really not much of a choice. Really though most ppl buy Nintendo's hardware for first party, I know I do, third party multiplats for PC. A console's only as good as it's exclusives imo.

That's kind of the point with this. In the same way MGS is not first party but generally associated with Sony consoles, Nintendo should be doing the same with these publisher's franchises. They've already started doing this recently with DQ and MH.
---
#10monkeyluv101Posted 5/20/2013 8:27:32 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
monkeyluv101 posted...

That's kind of the point with this. In the same way MGS is not first party but generally associated with Sony consoles, Nintendo should be doing the same with these publisher's franchises. They've already started doing this recently with DQ and MH.

Yea Nintendo needs to be a bit more business savvy as far as developer acquisitions or partnerships. They can have so much more going for them if they struck a deal with Platinum games or open up a new studio in Japan for some new IPs along the lines of Sony Santa Monica or w/e other studios that belong to Sony. Heck they should try and get Rare back from Microsoft as they don't seam to be doing anything worth while with them anyway. Nintendo just doesn't have enough internal game dev support.