Wii U gamepad Wont Charge.

#31PlaysaverPosted 5/21/2013 9:28:30 AM
What the heck is a DMM?
#32PlaysaverPosted 5/21/2013 9:46:54 AM(edited)
From what i read on this site
http://uk.ign.com/blogs/chuck0latte/2012/12/12/wii-u-power-adapters-usa-are-actually-universal-100-250vac-dual-voltage

The Wii u adapters are really able work with voltages from 100 to 250 volts.
Since the tc probibly hasn't overvoltaged his gamepad ac adapter that means that the thin wire that goes from the adapter to the gamepad has probibly broken somewhere in there.
Most of the time a break will show up very close to the plug.
So if you were to cut that wire about 2 or 3 inches from the plug and then just opened up a cradle and solder the ends into it then just use the cradle to charge. That is annoying though if you want to be able to charge while playing. it's also annoying if you don't have a charging cradle to work with. Those tri wing screws, on the cradle, aren't going to make that easy.
If the break in the wires isn't too close to the plug you could possibly reconnect the break.
That would involve stripping just the gray coating of the cable from the plug that goes into the pad and remove about 2 to 3 inches away from that. Once the coating is off you may be able to see something that looks like a seperation coating of one or both wires in there. that would be where the break is. you'll have to strip the 2 ends for where the wire is broken and connect them back together. Since this is going to make the adapter easy to break you'll have to not play on the pad while charging it.
#33NyyarkPosted 5/21/2013 10:43:58 AM
Digital MultiMeter.

Something cheap like this would work for that kind of trouble shooting:

http://www.amazon.com/Innoo-Tech-Digital-Voltmeter-Multimeter/dp/B0086TK8EA/ref=lp_15707471_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1369158192&sr=1-23
#34oq7sterPosted 5/23/2013 8:31:18 PM
rrojas_1926 posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...
rrojas_1926 posted...
WHAT TROLLL WHAT CRAP?? I dont undestand the question. I AM NOT A TROLL.

The GAMEPAD WONT CHARGE THATS MY PROBLEM!!!! I cant Play. The wii U is FINE but without a controller i am stuck

You are a troll if your asking us instead of CALLING NINTENDO

HOW I AM GONNA CALL NINTENDO FROM LATINAMERICAN THERE ARE NO NINTENDO SHOPS HERE OR ANYTYHING THATS WHY I ASKING I AM DESPERATE!!!!

Hermano, calma. Puedes comprar un reemplazo de batería en amazon o eBay. También puedes comprar un reemplazo de el cargador en amazon o eBay.

Aqui la información de los centros de servicio en Venezuela.

Venezuela

We encourage you to seek assistance from the Nintendo Authorized Service Center for your country.

CARACAS: ELECTRONICA SON TV CENTRO COMERCIAL CONCRESA NIVEL 1 LOCAL 0-15A, PRADOS DEL ESTE CARACAS DTTO CAPITAL TEL: 58 (212) 975-2760 EMAIL: electronicasontv@gmail.com

ISLA MARGARITA: DIGITAL SAN JUAN CALLE MIRANDA 20 LA PLAZA SAN JUAN BAUTISTA NUEVA ESPARTA TEL: 0058-2954176328 EMAIL: dg.sanjuan2011@gmail.com
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
Currently playing: M&DK Minis on the move,
#35drill beesPosted 5/24/2013 12:01:42 AM
Try unplugging the charging cable from the gamepad AND the wall outlet for a few minutes then reconnect both and see if it charges then.

That always works for me whenever my charging cable decides to fail,
---
Nintendo Network ID: db-132