WiiU's 38k April NPD numbers show a disturbing reality

#11VernnonPosted 5/20/2013 10:18:42 PM
Golden Maven posted...
That's strange, none of the fanboys are addressing the issue at hand here. They are deflecting the conversation by trying to attack the TC. Can't say I haven't seen that tactic before.

What's the point in falling for the bait? There's no source to back any of that up. would you prefer people just mindlessly defend the system, when clearly this guy is a troll just trying to feed? Most would rather have fun...
#12GdboyratedloudPosted 5/20/2013 10:19:41 PM
disturbing reality... ummm no games? We know.
---
frank ocean ‏@frank_ocean
if the ps4 is finna drop- then i don't wanna hear any bs about consoles being a dead format and mobile takin over
#13sunK1DPosted 5/20/2013 10:21:50 PM
Vernnon posted...
Golden Maven posted...
That's strange, none of the fanboys are addressing the issue at hand here. They are deflecting the conversation by trying to attack the TC. Can't say I haven't seen that tactic before.

What's the point in falling for the bait? There's no source to back any of that up. would you prefer people just mindlessly defend the system, when clearly this guy is a troll just trying to feed? Most would rather have fun...

NPD data, creature...
---
Real life Claire Redfield, where are you?
#14Mr_Iwata(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 3:12:58 AM
Golden Maven posted...

Yeah, seems to be par for the course around here unfortunately.
---
Please understand.
#15YamiYugi4400Posted 5/21/2013 3:27:07 AM
Mr_Iwata posted...
Golden Maven posted...

Yeah, seems to be par for the course around here unfortunately.

Welcome to gamefaqs :)
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#16overkillwfo1978Posted 5/21/2013 3:50:31 AM(edited)
The issue is no AAA heavy hitters have been dropped yet. Plenty of systems have had really slow starts, PS3, 3DS ect. It's nothing new. The first year, maybe even a bit longer of the system's life could be really slow.

Keep in mind that even the Gamecube was profitable for Nintendo. They are smart in the fact that they don't take 2-300 dollar losses on the sale of their systems. In fact, there has never been a home system released by Nintendo that has not been profitable for them. Ever. (the virtual boy was a table top/handheld before you mention it)

Will they "win" this gen? I really don't care. My main platform is PC. All I care about the Wii U is that Nintendo releases it's 1st party AAA titles on it... and that is guaranteed to happen. If you don't think Zelda, Mario, Metroid, X ect will sell systems, then you don't know gaming history very well.... and if you honestly think that the Wii U will not be a profitable system for Nintendo, you are betting on almost 30 years of historical Nintendo sales data working against you.

... and yes, I know I am in a troll thread. I am bored.
---
trolling gamefaqs is like farming village great jaggi with g rank weapons-Vandyan
#17PulpPosted 5/21/2013 3:54:51 AM(edited)
overkillwfo1978 posted...
Plenty of systems have had really slow starts, PS3, 3DS ect. It's nothing new.

No console has EVER sold this poorly, month over month. So ya...it is something new.

You can talk away the reality here -- but we are at nearly 6 months of sales, where the Wii U has set historical sale lows.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#18Mr_Iwata(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 3:54:50 AM
The issue is no AAA heavy hitters have been dropped yet.

I keep hearing this but New Super Mario Bros. is the best selling Mario game from the Wii. Nintendo had enough faith in NintendoLand to have it highlight their launch. Fanboys assured everyone for months that Monster Hunter and Lego City were big releases.

There's this weird circular debate with GameFAQs Nintendo fans that goes

"WiiU has no games"
NDF "WiiU has games stop trolling"
"WiiU is putting up historically awful sales"
NDF "That's because WiiU has no games yet"

Either way that's kinda sidestepping the topic.

Between 1 and 2 WiiU's are being sold on average per month by retailers. Think about that.

Try this. Try not blinking. Tell yourself that the next time you blink that will be the only WiiU that some random Target/Walmart/Best Buy/GameStop sells for the whole month. See how long you can keep from blinking/selling that one lonely console.

It's a fun game.
---
Please understand.
#19overkillwfo1978Posted 5/21/2013 3:58:59 AM
Pulp posted...
Plenty of systems have had really slow starts, PS3, 3DS ect. It's nothing new.

No console has EVER sold this poorly, month over month. So ya...it is something new.

You can talk away the reality here -- we are at nearly 6 months of sales, where the Wii U has set historical sale lows.

Just because the numbers are lower, doesn't mean the situation overall is any different. Look at it this way, every time the PS3 SOLD a system, they went in the hole by a couple hundred dollars at the beginning, and their software sales were terrible the first 2/3 years of the systems life.

Do you honestly think Nintendo will lose the absurd amount of money that Sony did with the PS3? It is near impossible as the loss of money they took per system sale was also a record at the time. If we are talking about profit margins here, the first half of the PS3's life cycle was one of the most atrocious of any system in the history of video games. Lots of "first's" can happen... and look, even the abysmal start of that system was turned around. Money wise, Nintendo is nowhere near in the hole as much as Sony was...
---
trolling gamefaqs is like farming village great jaggi with g rank weapons-Vandyan
#20PulpPosted 5/21/2013 4:04:13 AM
Just because the numbers are lower, doesn't mean the situation overall is any different. Look at it this way, every time the PS3 SOLD a system, they went in the hole by a couple hundred dollars at the beginning, and their software sales were terrible the first 2/3 years of the systems life.

Not lower. LOWEST. Ever. Stop spinning.

Now feel free to continue to talk about the PS3 and Sony's profit margins, as it totally has something to do with this topic...

lol.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.