Is owning a physical copy over digital THAT important to you?

#1srsgamer87Posted 5/20/2013 11:14:19 PM
New Super Luigi U will come out a whole month earlier and be 10$ cheaper yet people will still hold off for the physical copy.

The Deluxe Digital Promotion means you basically get 5$ back for every retail game you buy. This can add up and pay for things like DLC, yet people would still rather buy the physical copy at the same price.

I just don't get it. Little help.

*shrugs
#2AhnoldDoodPosted 5/20/2013 11:15:52 PM
Some people like cases and discs. The DLC could be $5 yet some people will still go retail.
#3halfelven23Posted 5/20/2013 11:16:23 PM
there is no actual account system in WiiU, so its a big risk
you'll lose all of your digital games if something bad happen to your WiiU
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#4Xenesis XenonPosted 5/20/2013 11:18:35 PM
There are other conveniences, like if you have terrible internet or like sharing games with friends.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#5Golden MavenPosted 5/20/2013 11:21:10 PM
Personally no, but I feel they should transfer some of the savings they make on digital distribution to the customer. Right now, there is little reason to buy digital.
#6TechniMyokoPosted 5/20/2013 11:26:54 PM
Yes. I'd rather skip games than download.
#7DieForMotherLandPosted 5/20/2013 11:27:53 PM
Don't worry, they will get used to it. Us PC games got used to it years ago.
---
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara
#8Paulf001Posted 5/20/2013 11:38:09 PM
Some people like cases, manuals, discs, the resale value that comes with physical copy.
#9OzzieArcanePosted 5/20/2013 11:41:05 PM
DieForMotherLand posted...
Don't worry, they will get used to it. Us PC games got used to it years ago.

You say that like the Eshop is even remotely on par with Steam.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#10ShinChuckPosted 5/20/2013 11:42:12 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Personally no, but I feel they should transfer some of the savings they make on digital distribution to the customer. Right now, there is little reason to buy digital.

This is my big issue right now. Yeah, it's nice having physical, I know it's there, always works, will work for years to come, yadda yadda. But this is what really gets me.

Outside of Steam or Amazon sales, it really seems like companies make significantly more on digital, but don't ever pass that on to the consumer. There are no discs to be printed, no boxes, no cases, no instructions, no shipping, and very little overhead - particularly if they're sold directly from the company, as is becoming increasingly common with PC games.

Yet, the consumer typically pays the same price, digital or physical, despite far fewer additional costs that go into delivering digital. The consumer does have the convenience of not leaving the house and no physical copy (which may or may not be a good thing, depending on tastes), but beyond that, companies really do benefit quite a bit from them.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.