Who is right about social gaming?

#1iKhanicPosted 5/21/2013 1:31:47 AM
Who is right about social gaming? - Results (67 votes)
Nintendo with Miiverse
56.72% (38 votes)
Sony with the Share button
43.28% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Honestly, and I know I'll take a bit of crap for this, I think a dedicated social network is something better for video games. The reason is that unlike other media like movies and music, video games aren't as widely accepted by society. Yes, a lot of people including adults and kids play them, but I bet a lot of people wouldn't want their boss to see their hobby.

Also, having a dedicated network encourages more sharing, since you are in an audience of your gaming peers.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2TheCelticArcherPosted 5/21/2013 1:33:02 AM
Both seem stupid to me, but I guess you get some nice art with Miiverse, so that.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#3RedOrionPosted 5/21/2013 1:38:04 AM
Not a big fan of the share button. On the Wii U you just have to hold down the home button to post on miiverese, simple and no additional button required. I know the PS4's sharing capabilities will have more depth but adding a share button on the gamepad seems really obnoxious.
#4SocranPosted 5/21/2013 2:25:44 AM
iKhanic posted...
Honestly, and I know I'll take a bit of crap for this, I think a dedicated social network is something better for video games.

I'd say neither, but you have a point. If you're going to randomly share your game experience with a community, it should be a dedicated gaming community.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5VanderZooPosted 5/21/2013 2:35:02 AM
Both are right.
---
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#6Golden MavenPosted 5/21/2013 2:35:17 AM
iKhanic posted...
Yes, a lot of people including adults and kids play them, but I bet a lot of people wouldn't want their boss to see their hobby.

I wouldn't care if my boss knows I quietly sit at home and play video games. What's embarrassing about it? You're not causing any trouble or tarnishing your image.

As someone who loves watching gameplay videos, I think the share button is just fantastic.
#7nonexistingheroPosted 5/21/2013 2:37:32 AM
I don't really give a damn. I don't even put much stuff up on Facebook because I don't have the need to let people know everything I do.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8VanderZooPosted 5/21/2013 2:42:21 AM
RedOrion posted...
Not a big fan of the share button. On the Wii U you just have to hold down the home button to post on miiverese, simple and no additional button required. I know the PS4's sharing capabilities will have more depth but adding a share button on the gamepad seems really obnoxious.

It's not obnoxious at all, it's a great feature. I was hoping next gen consoles would add a screen cap button, but the share button is a lot better. The system constantly records the last 15 minutes of gameplay, so all you have to do is press the share button at any time and you can save/upload a picture or video. That's really cool.
---
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#9aluminafalconPosted 5/21/2013 2:46:11 AM
Sony is the better business strategy. First it basically takes all Sony gameplay off of youtube to a dedicated site where surprise surprise they will get all the ad revenue. plus it will function as a huge advertisement for them.

miiverse is interesting but the cash potential is limited
---
fc 2279 7884 6593
#10RevolutionZealPosted 5/21/2013 2:54:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]