IMO, Nintendo could "win" the next-gen console war today

#1Heartless18Posted 5/21/2013 7:45:54 AM
Sony has already shown that they don't give a damn about gamers, and it looks like Microsoft is going to take the same approach. I fully expect today's Xbox event to be about social media crap, Kinect garbage, and the same tired games that nobody wants. I think Nintendo might actually win by default if this happens, at least in terms of fun. I'm sure the Wii U will continue to struggle in sales, the trolls will continue to troll, but at the end of the day, I judge a system based on pure entertainment. IMO:

Wii U >3DS > PS4 > New Xbox
---
Breaking Hearts With Every Heartbeat
#2greatone101Posted 5/21/2013 7:46:58 AM
Heartless18 posted...
Sony has already shown that they don't give a damn about gamers, and it looks like Microsoft is going to take the same approach. I fully expect today's Xbox event to be about social media crap, Kinect garbage, and the same tired games that nobody wants. I think Nintendo might actually win by default if this happens, at least in terms of fun. I'm sure the Wii U will continue to struggle in sales, the trolls will continue to troll, but at the end of the day, I judge a system based on pure entertainment. IMO:

Wii U >3DS > PS4 > New Xbox

Seriously? Out of Nintendo, Sony and MS, Sony is the one that probably is focusing the MOST on gamers.
#3The_PlagueLordPosted 5/21/2013 7:49:46 AM
Pathetic.
#4cybersonic233Posted 5/21/2013 7:52:24 AM
PS4 has already won Sony would have to mess up big time for them to not get 1st place
#5habsalltheway33Posted 5/21/2013 7:56:32 AM
If the new Xbox happens to have a tablet controller and/or is underpowered in comparison to Sony, this may just leave Sony out of the loop. Although, if the new Xbox proves itself to be quite powerful with a standard controller, Nintendo will be out of the loop.

Either way, I think Nintendo will do just fine and really amp up their focus on hardcore gamers.
#6betterboulderPosted 5/21/2013 7:58:35 AM
Law of the Internet: Someone always has to lose
---
I don't get worried. I get punchy!
PSN/XBL: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
#7stekim40Posted 5/21/2013 8:02:37 AM
This is so damn childish. ..who wins, ..who loses.

I don't give a damn, as long as ALL the consoles get GOOD games, thats all I care about.

You cry about who's winning and losing and I'll just go enjoy fun games.
---
Xyzzy!
#8NamcoMuseum2Posted 5/21/2013 8:02:45 AM
Heartless18 posted...
Nintendo has already shown that they don't give a damn about gamers

Fixed. Sony's actually catering to gamers more than the other two at the moment.
---
RobJ23 = defeated (PM me if you're wondering why)
RIP Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Ouya is coming this year.
#9NarutoPosted 5/21/2013 8:05:25 AM
Heartless18 posted...
Sony has already shown that they don't give a damn about gamers
...because they care about developers?
#10KaiserWarriorPosted 5/21/2013 8:05:28 AM
"I think the WiiU is going to 'win', and in order to justify that belief I'm going to redefine 'win' to mean something that Nintendo can't lose."

Console wars are for people that don't have enough disposable income to really be into the video game hobby.