IMO, Nintendo could "win" the next-gen console war today

#11El_ZaggyPosted 5/21/2013 7:05:44 AM
Heartless18 posted...
Sony has already shown that they don't give a damn about gamers, and it looks like Microsoft is going to take the same approach. I fully expect today's Xbox event to be about social media crap, Kinect garbage, and the same tired games that nobody wants. I think Nintendo might actually win by default if this happens, at least in terms of fun. I'm sure the Wii U will continue to struggle in sales, the trolls will continue to troll, but at the end of the day, I judge a system based on pure entertainment. IMO:

Wii U >3DS > PS4 > New Xbox

what the hell ? Sony did really give a damn not only for gamers but for the developers too. Maybe we diddnt watch the same sony event ?
#12habsalltheway33Posted 5/21/2013 7:08:22 AM
stekim40 posted...
This is so damn childish. ..who wins, ..who loses.

I don't give a damn, as long as ALL the consoles get GOOD games, thats all I care about.

You cry about who's winning and losing and I'll just go enjoy fun games.

See, not all of us have the time, space and money to justify getting 3 different consoles plus a gaming PC for the few exclusives on each platform. Although, time is debatable in regards to the people obsessing over "console wars".
#13PaukenPosted 5/21/2013 7:13:25 AM
Even assuming Sony screws up epically, and MS also screws up epically, Nintendo still has a giant colossus to battle: PC gaming.

Sure, if either Sony or MS get a lot of third party support, and remain popular, PC gaming won't be that big a theat. But if the two other big companies flop hard, suddenly it becomes a two way race between Nintendo and all the PC distribution services.

Given Nintendo's attitude towards gamers of late, I think in that situation PC gaming would experience a complete win. Kinda hard for Nintendo to compete with a system that has by far the most gamer-friendly attitude out there :p
#14Jack_the_monke7Posted 5/21/2013 7:15:37 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
"I think the WiiU is going to 'win', and in order to justify that belief I'm going to redefine 'win' to mean something that Nintendo can't lose."

Console wars are for people that don't have enough disposable income to really be into the video game hobby.

I have enough money, I just wasn't interested in owning a PS3 and only got a 360 late in the gen. I agree that console wars are probably the most foolish thing that has ever happened in gaming, but I wouldn't say people who don't own all 3 aren't "really into the hobby". You can be really into just Nintendo games, or just Sony games and still be really into gaming as a hobby.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#15usaamahlinkPosted 5/21/2013 7:17:15 AM
I think it would be one of Nintendo or Sony. You couldn't possibly day though. It's all about the games so you need to wait for Nintendo to tip their hand at E3. You need to see what Sony has up is sleeves, and how it will play out over the next year. I think we'll have a good idea of the Wii U's strength by the end of the holiday season, and the next few months following. PS4 and Xbox will take more time to fully understand or even learn how the market will respond to them, but by Holiday 2014 (so basically new year 2015) well probably have a good idea about how all the consoles stack up to each other. In short you're at least 1 year too early to be making any sort of call on this.

Myself as a primarily Nintendo gamer, I think Sony is doing a lot of good things with the PS4. Well see what happens down the line but it's way too early to say right now.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Zelda-ALttP, Xenoblade Chronicles, Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#16stekim40Posted 5/21/2013 7:20:12 AM
habsalltheway33 posted...
stekim40 posted...
This is so damn childish. ..who wins, ..who loses.

I don't give a damn, as long as ALL the consoles get GOOD games, thats all I care about.

You cry about who's winning and losing and I'll just go enjoy fun games.

See, not all of us have the time, space and money to justify getting 3 different consoles plus a gaming PC for the few exclusives on each platform. Although, time is debatable in regards to the people obsessing over "console wars".

Of course not everyone does, I certainly can't afford a ps4 and xbox 720 along with my Wii U, but I still want ALL consoles to have good games! After all, we are all gamers and this is our hobby.

Wishing for the opposing company to fail or 'lose' is very childish. They all should do well, then its Win win for all gamers.
---
Xyzzy!
#17aDRE8Posted 5/21/2013 7:21:28 AM
Sony doesn't care about gamers? You're literally insane if you believe that.
#18MichaelDeAngeloPosted 5/21/2013 7:31:01 AM
Heartless18 posted...
Sony has already shown that they don't give a damn about gamers, and it looks like Microsoft is going to take the same approach. I fully expect today's Xbox event to be about social media crap, Kinect garbage, and the same tired games that nobody wants. I think Nintendo might actually win by default if this happens, at least in terms of fun. I'm sure the Wii U will continue to struggle in sales, the trolls will continue to troll, but at the end of the day, I judge a system based on pure entertainment. IMO:

Wii U >3DS > PS4 > New Xbox

Doth mine eyes deceive me?
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#19kaliskonigPosted 5/21/2013 7:48:12 AM
It can go either way. I can see Sony coming on top depending on what they show at E3. the games they showed at the PS4 reveal were not appealing to a wide enough variety of gamers. That and what the price may be.
#20greatone101Posted 5/21/2013 7:50:16 AM
kaliskonig posted...
It can go either way. I can see Sony coming on top depending on what they show at E3. the games they showed at the PS4 reveal were not appealing to a wide enough variety of gamers. That and what the price may be.

Its all about the price. We know PS4 will have a good amount of games in its first year. As long PS4 is priced competitively it will come out on top. Price was the reason why PS3 didnt sell the most units this gen.