I like Metroid Other M.

#71Jack_the_monke7Posted 5/25/2013 9:29:45 AM
AceMos posted...
CaioNV posted...
AceMos posted...
why dont you address the big problem NO EXPLORATION

Nerreltron9000 wrote about that.
Fair points, but Metroid isn't just exploration alone, it always had action elements. Super Metroid is an action game just as much as it is an exploration game.

And as I said, Metroid: Other M keep the action of the 2D Metroid greatly. It is massively easy, but very fun anyway.
I agree with people saying that M:OM is the worst Metroid game, but just going though the Bottle Ship blasting the crap out of enemies and feeling empowered makes a game good enough.

but ppl play metroid for the exploration it invetned an entire genre for crums sake

I played both Zero Mission on Fusion and NEVER did any "exploration". I played through the damn game. Not knowing where to go doesn't equal exploration.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#72wiiking96Posted 5/25/2013 9:38:46 AM
Jack_the_monke7 posted...
I played both Zero Mission on Fusion and NEVER did any "exploration". I played through the damn game. Not knowing where to go doesn't equal exploration.

Exploration is traversing through the environment without a clear direction and discovering things on your own. There's a sense of satisfaction that comes with discovering something without help. You found it, it's your accomplishment. Even Fusion allows for this as the world is full of hidden powerups all over the place, and there are times where the game doesn't tell you exactly where to go.

One definition of "explore" is:
1. Travel in or through (an unfamiliar country or area) in order to learn about or familiarize oneself with it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=definition+of+explore&spell=1&sa=X&ei=X-igUbTWG8jAyAGTzoCgAQ&ved=0CC8QvwUoAA&biw=1280&bih=905

If you didn't explore, then you missed out on a large part of the experience.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#73messhia_darkPosted 5/27/2013 7:20:46 PM
RYANO209 posted...
Other M is absolute trash.

I think I'll make a video of me blowing my copy.

---
KI: Uprising NAME=Opana
#74ManinstagnatePosted 5/27/2013 7:58:37 PM
yeah I'm replaying it now and it's pretty good but definitely not as good as the others with the exception of Hunters.
#75nickvd8Posted 5/27/2013 7:59:43 PM
CSplitter posted...
We're too busy hating the new Xbox right now.

Come back when Microsoft no longer exists in the gaming industry.

---
We need Castlevania: Bloodlines on Wii U VC.
#7621_21Posted 5/27/2013 8:07:30 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
CSplitter posted...
We're too busy hating the new Xbox name right now.

Come back after E3.

Fix'd
---
Currently playing:
Virtue's Last Reward, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Black Mesa, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#77CrystalKing5426Posted 5/27/2013 9:21:23 PM
21_21 posted...
YoyokuKO posted...
CSplitter posted...
We're too busy hating the new Xbox name right now.

Come back after E3.

Fix'd

Good point. Xbone will cement its failure at E3. We only need to wait a month until MS no longer exists in the gaming industry.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#78Hawke0Posted 5/28/2013 5:52:34 AM
I like plenty of 6/10 at best games too.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
Next gen in a nutshell: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/549/148/f29.gif
#79Nerreltron9000Posted 5/28/2013 12:23:39 PM
Big_Isaac posted...

how typical. an Other M defender latches onto a minute point to derail the argument when he runs out of arguments in the game's defense.

Not liking the game that served as a template for Other M's controls and gameplay isn't a minute point, it colors your whole opinion of Other M.

You criticized Other M for limiting abilities like the speed booster and space jump to specific areas, yet you don't seem to have a problem with the absurdly more limiting "designated wall jumping panels" and 5-jump-max screw attack from the Prime games.

Other M did a much better job of translating these abilties to 3D, firstly because it wasn't a first person game, but secondly because the developers made it a priority to capture the sidescrolling feel (in its entirety) from the beginning.

I don't think it really matters to you how well these abilities translate into 3D- you just seem to like the gameplay of the Prime games for what it is and dislike the gameplay of Other M for what it is without too much concern for how similar either is to the old games.

The main appeal of Other M is that it's a "classic" style Metroid. The Prime trilogy was great, but it was an entirely different take on the series that lost a lot of components of the old Metroid games while gaining some new ones.

Other M is like a second opinion of how to do Metroid in 3D, one that put the priority on bringing the action from Super Metroid forward. If you grew up playing the sidescrolling Metroids then it's great to have a new game in the series that continues that style of play.

That doesn't mean it's nostalgia whoring, just that it's a more natural extension of the older Metroid games rather than a reboot (like the Prime games were). If you disliked the older Metroisd then a large part of that appeal is lost.
#80cucumberkingPosted 5/28/2013 12:25:45 PM
Easily my favorite Metroid. It isn't even a contest.
---
Youtube: MilkmanYeti PSN Milkmanyeti or ThePantsCougar NintendoID: Milkmanyeti