The new Kinect looks like it has far more potential than the Wii U gamepad.

#1AdamLazarusoPosted 5/21/2013 12:09:31 PM
Unfortunately Microsoft's implementation is looking like it might not be fantastic (no used games? srsly?) but I'd say the Kinect has much more potential to improve gameplay than the Wii U pad (which, let's face it, isn't going to be used for much more than maps or inventory management in most games).

What do you think?
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#2Genericgamer667Posted 5/21/2013 12:10:02 PM
after seeing what kinect 1 has done

count me out
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#3Baha05Posted 5/21/2013 12:10:40 PM
No, I really don't think the Kinect will click this gen either. I mean it's basically another means of a controller. They can improve on it but other then that it's motion tracking.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4HungoverHero777Posted 5/21/2013 12:10:57 PM
So, in short, the U will be a glorified DS, which everyone has been saying since its launch? ......Yeah, I'm ok with that.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#5tizzywilkillyouPosted 5/21/2013 12:17:44 PM
Baha05 posted...
No, I really don't think the Kinect will click this gen either. I mean it's basically another means of a controller. They can improve on it but other then that it's motion tracking.

Genericgamer667 posted...
after seeing what kinect 1 has done

count me out

I agree with these posts. What is the new kinect gonna do for gaming that the original didn't?

And it's unclear whether this stuff (other than voice recognition) will work if you're lounging on the couch. Who wants to stand in front of the TV so that they can double fisted grab the UI to minimize. o_O
#6IloveElitePosted 5/21/2013 12:19:37 PM
I hate the kinect and seeing as the Xbox one is a kinect based system, they lost my sale.

I'll be buying PS4 now.
---
Currently playing: MH3U and Lego City Undercover
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, Pikmin 3, GTA V
#7teknic1200Posted 5/21/2013 12:21:27 PM
always on privacy invading Microsoft eyes in my living room data mining me? thanks but no thanks. ps 4 to accompany my wii u here.

if you haven't played a wii u judging it is silly.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#8Wiiplayer111Posted 5/21/2013 12:23:47 PM
I prefer the gamepad to kinect. The gamepad can clear screen clutter and probably do something amazing like every 3D Mario shows us. Movement, is ok, but talking to myself out loud is dumb to me.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com