O...M...G... Im seeing WiiU... LOVE???

#21EdwardoMario16Posted 5/21/2013 1:03:17 PM
Microsoft just announced one of the biggest disappointments since $599 USD, all the hate will be with them until E3. No used games without paying a fee, killing Gamefly support, stupid name, massive box, TV support more important than game support. Talk about a kick in the teeth to the loyal Xbox gamer.

599USD issue was merely price, which could easily be worked around, which Sony eventually did, kickstarting the PS3.

THIS, is far worse. I haven't seen a FUBAR this bad in forever. This is THE worst thing. The most user-unfriendly console ever. Microsoft just alienated several audiences from the XBox One with this move. Used games have been in the industry since forever.With this terrible move, That means the XBox One has no real value years down the road unless you have a boatload of cash on hand.

This isn't a mere "Console has no games" or "Ridiculous Price" issue. This is the cardinal sin of any Gaming Console: Poor Accessibility and User-unfriendliness. Microsoft sealed a firm spot in a distant third place with this move.

Funny how in this past week, the Wii U has looked a LOT better now than it used to.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#22EdwardoMario16Posted 5/21/2013 1:07:48 PM
In that context, it's a shame then that its credibility has to rely heavily on the charity and failings of others.

Welcome to competition. When one side falters, the other side will take an advantage.

The SNES didn't exactly start blowing the doors off the Genesis until Sega started making their trademark mistakes in the 90's.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#23UltimaSora91Posted 5/21/2013 1:37:21 PM
Hejiru posted...
This is the internet. There is no love, only a greater hatred of something else.

You mind me sig'ing this?
---
On July 29th, 2012 at 1:56 am, almost two years after the launch of BBS, I defeated Mysterious Figure with Terra!
3DS: 4768-7461-8649
#24NeoMonkPosted 5/21/2013 1:39:39 PM
I hugged my WII U so hard it think it's pregnant ;P
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at WiiUdoesntcureCANCERsoitFAILS.com
#251shadetail1Posted 5/21/2013 1:42:08 PM
lp913 posted...
ITT: Gamers are a fickle bunch

I've been saying this all along. No matter how much they scream and cry about how great some particular platform is, they'll abandon it in a heart-beat for the next big thing. The PS3 launch proved that.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#26DT-FoxPosted 5/21/2013 1:45:35 PM
G1ingy posted...
Breastmilkn_Dip posted...
G1ingy posted...
Now that it's confirmed to be as bad as we all expected, the Wii U's suddenly looking a lot better.

In that context, it's a shame then that its credibility has to rely heavily on the charity and failings of others.

The Wii U, just like Miyamoto's p***s, every once in a while needs to stand up for itself.
-
--

Welcome to business...in general. Heck, that's even how politics work.

Basically this. Since the Wii U has been out on the market since last November, and given its supposed specs and capabilities (along with the bad press), Sony and M$ seemed like the lesser of the 3 evils. Everything was left to peoples' imagination that nothing could possibly be worse than the Wii U. And now here we are with the Xbox One.

Of course this is just my take on it, and this gen is just starting. Who knows how things will look at the end of it all?
#27HejiruPosted 5/21/2013 6:03:49 PM
UltimaSora91 posted...
Hejiru posted...
This is the internet. There is no love, only a greater hatred of something else.

You mind me sig'ing this?

Oh, I'd be flattered.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy