Nintendo Direct > Press Conferences

#1Ccrules2791Posted 5/22/2013 6:25:43 AM
There. I've said it. Did you watch the Xbox One conference? And it's not just that--Sony 2006, Nintendo 2008, etc.

I can only think of Nintendo 2004, 2006 + 2010 where things have gone right. Meanwhile, Directs always managed to deliver on some level.

My only concern is the amount of viewers--i.e. would it hurt Nintendo to give people a week's notice to learn about it? Otherwise, I think that the strategy has a much less chance of backfiring.
---
Playing = Believing
#2_Sovereign_Posted 5/22/2013 6:39:34 AM
It will be during E3 week, where everyone who is interested will find the time to watch.
BB will have the same demos on display.
This news will be plastered all over every gaming-media site and youtube for days afterwards. If you miss it, it's your fault!

I agree though, directs throughout the year are better than One conference.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#3DTY3Posted 5/22/2013 7:43:45 AM
I must admit. Directs hype me up more easily.

Probably because its sweet, to the point, and about games, not Usher or Cammie Dunaway.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#4Sucker_PunchedPosted 5/22/2013 7:46:39 AM
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the next direct.

I really want info on the new Super Mario. Info on Mario Kart and SSB is also very welcome. :D
---
"'Cause the beat plus the melody makes me speak of L.O.V.E eloquently so evidently."
Looking forward to Super Mario Wii U and Knack. :D
#5ballermat982Posted 5/22/2013 7:48:03 AM
Can't wait for the next ND.
#6Faceman_Posted 5/22/2013 7:54:14 AM
I agree. No company has had even a half decent e3 in years. And that disaster yesterday is just further proof that conferences need to go. Give me a non stop thirty minute montage of trailers and I'll be ecstatic.
#7djrudenPosted 5/22/2013 7:56:27 AM
I pretty much agree here. Especially considering the frequency of these Directs. We get new game footage and updates. I'm a big fan of Nintendo doing this and releasing them to view on the net and all their consoles.
#8TerotrousPosted 5/22/2013 7:58:28 AM
I actually agree too. At least, they've certainly been better than any conference Microsoft has had in a long time. Sony actually usually manages to put on a decent show.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Hi no Tori"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#9PendragoonPosted 5/22/2013 8:13:42 AM
Terotrous posted...
I actually agree too. At least, they've certainly been better than any conference Microsoft has had in a long time. Sony actually usually manages to put on a decent show.

The PS4 reveal was their best show in years, last E3 Wonderbook put people to sleep. Before that too much time was spent on the Move. E3 2004 was the last E3 that was actually worth watching, seeing grown men brought to tears by a trailer has yet to be beat.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#10NamcoMuseum2Posted 5/22/2013 8:15:37 AM
Nintendo Direct and Press Conferences > Funerals (What Microsoft will be having at E3 this year instead of a press conference)
---
RobJ23 = defeated (PM me if you're wondering why)
RIP Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Ouya is coming this year.