Thank god the Wii U didn't ban used games or Wii games

#1Sharky8Posted 5/22/2013 9:03:18 AM
Thank god I can play Wii games on my Wii U. Thank god I can buy a used Wii U game and play it on my Wii U.

Is Microsoft serious? It can't play 360 games? No backwards compatibility!
Is Sony serious? It can't play PS3 games? No backwards compatibility!

But this takes the motherhugging cake, is Microsoft serious! I can't play used games unless the person pays a fee for the game? You buy a game, it installs on your computer and registers the serial number to your account. You want to donate the game to Goodwill or sell it to a gamestore. Little Johnny goes into Goodwill or Gamestop, buys the used game, wants to play it on his XBox One but he can't! He can't unless he pays for it. MICROSOFT HAS KILLED USED GAMES.

And Sony has left the door open for third party developers to do the same with their discs. Although, reportedly, Sony will NOT do this with their games.
#2ThePCElitistPosted 5/22/2013 9:05:28 AM
I've actually been building up a Wii library since I purchased a Wii U last year. I have around 20 Wii games now and many of them are games I never even noticed when that system was alive. I'm finding tons of great gems.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6_MWVHZ4g
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, MSI GTX 680 2GB Lightning
#3Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 9:30:31 AM
Xbox and PS better hope they can release games quickly, otherwise people are really going to throw a ****fit about being unable to play their old games in the mean time.
#4Smasher123456Posted 5/22/2013 10:42:44 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
I've actually been building up a Wii library since I purchased a Wii U last year. I have around 20 Wii games now and many of them are games I never even noticed when that system was alive. I'm finding tons of great gems.

Mind me asking which gems you've found? I be interest.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 2709 9820 3559
#5Yoshi__AranPosted 5/22/2013 10:46:34 AM
I have yet to see any evidence that any god is not just pure fiction. Even if some god existed, I do not think he/she would care to interfere with video games.

You should actually be thanking Nintendo.
---
You might want to get thicker skin if you are unable to handle the opinions of others.
#6Numbuh100Posted 5/22/2013 10:57:34 AM
Gonna pick up House of the Dead series on Wii. I wanna shoot stuff. :D
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#7Ghost-inZeShellPosted 5/22/2013 11:00:43 AM
Sharky8 posted...
Thank god the Wii U didn't ban used games or Wii games

Indeed. The Wii U is a justifiable improvement on the Wii.
#8djrudenPosted 5/22/2013 11:03:51 AM
Xbox One not only hurts the used game market but also video game rentals. Nobody will want to pay a fee to rent the game just to pay another fee to play it on the xbox one.

Other things that bug me are the Kinect REQUIREMENT. Sorry, I don't need microsofts all-seeying eye in my living room watching all the time.

No backwards compatibility... Always a negative for a new console. Guarantees this console to be terrible when it first launches. It will take awhile for developers to build a library for the system to make it worth spending hundreds on.

I have been greatly unimpressed with both sony and microsofts announcements for next gen systems. I'll stick with the Wii U for now and play the sit and wait game for a year or so and see how these other consoles pan out. Things could still change...Hopefully.
#9Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 12:05:56 PM
djruden posted...
Xbox One not only hurts the used game market but also video game rentals. Nobody will want to pay a fee to rent the game just to pay another fee to play it on the xbox one.

Other things that bug me are the Kinect REQUIREMENT. Sorry, I don't need microsofts all-seeying eye in my living room watching all the time.

No backwards compatibility... Always a negative for a new console. Guarantees this console to be terrible when it first launches. It will take awhile for developers to build a library for the system to make it worth spending hundreds on.

I have been greatly unimpressed with both sony and microsofts announcements for next gen systems. I'll stick with the Wii U for now and play the sit and wait game for a year or so and see how these other consoles pan out. Things could still change...Hopefully.

Agreed.
#10zender1999Posted 5/22/2013 12:16:19 PM
wiiu also lets us transfer and play all our digital content from previous console, cant do that with 360 to xbboxone

we get to choose and change our hard drives
we get free online mulriplayer

and so many other advantages