Which controller should I get?

#16speednissanPosted 5/22/2013 5:12:04 PM
I'm debating between the original Wii controller and the Wii U one. There is about a $20 price difference between the two, so is it worth it to get the Wii U controller? I always used the Gamecube controller on the Wii when I played Mario Kart and loved it.
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/22/2013 5:18:53 PM
Do you mean the remote or pro controller? Cause the Wii ones (both kinds) work just fine on the Wii U, just make sure your Wii Remotes have Motion Plus because it'll keep being necessary in some Wii U games that support remotes (like Nintendoland).
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#36speednissan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 5:22:07 PM
Im sorry I meant the pro controllers. I bought a motion plus remote today.
#4SocranPosted 5/22/2013 5:24:47 PM
Oh, you mean a Classic Controller Pro and a Wii U Pro Controller? Two completely different things, dude. I really think they shouldn't have used "pro" in both of their names. The Pro Controller works with Wii U games, but I really don't see the need for it when you have the gamepad. It doesn't work with Wii games, however, which includes Wii Virtual Console games. It all depends on what you plan to use it with.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/22/2013 5:28:28 PM(edited)
I have a Wii classic pro, I'll buy a Wii U one eventually 'cause I like the slick design, but it's not high on my list of priorities. They have the same buttons as far as I can tell (unless the Wii U pro has clickable analogs like the Gamepad), so the Wii pro should keep being supported by Wii U games.

^
EDIT: Wait, so the Wii classic pro doesn't work on Wii U games?
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#66speednissan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 5:29:24 PM
I see. Maybe I'll just wait for Mario Kart or Smash Bros to get the Wii U Pro controller then.